#5 , lavender kiss

@what-a-simp ꒰5꒱

@what-a-simp ꒰5꒱

instead of conversing with them during their hangout, y/n continued grinning at her phone while the three girls stared at her

the h/c-headed girl didn't seem to notice the silence between them, so sara sipped her boba tea while keeping a close eye on her.

yoimiya sighed at this, and ayaka was interested in the person y/n was talking to. in the meantime, sara had had enough and asked, "who are you texting?"

putting your phone down fast, you quickly forgot that you were with your girl best friends at a cafe because you were too busy talking to cyno.

you offered them a smile and apologized, "i'm sorry, and it's nothing."

it was clear that neither of them believed it when yoimiya asked, "is it a boy again?" which made you widen your eyes at the remark.

ayaka then interjected, "is that why your recent tweet is giggling and kicking my feet rn?"

you quickly lied, dodging your friends' keen looks as sara raised an eyebrow in inquiry, clearly having you surrounded.

"that meant something else! i recently started a new manhwa which was romance." you stated.

the short-violet-headed girl scoffed at this, you were so bad at lying to them which was somewhat funny. "you can't hide anything from us, just admit it." sara pointed out, making you stay silent for a second.

hurling out a heavy sigh in defeat, "fine!" you gave up, "i met a guy who reads pumpkin night and we got close." you explained, unaware of a smile wavering on your lips by the thought of him.

not anticipating you to find your ideal man so quickly, the three looked at each other.

yoimiya abruptly said, "you finally getting bitches?" eliciting a shocked gasp from you and a chuckle from ayaka.

you responded, "hey! i can pull bitches." as sara merely sat and observed the scene unfold until a thought occurred to her. she interrupted their trivial disagreement with "what's his name?" and forced y/n to look at her.

"cyno."

when she heard this, ayaka's eyes widended; the name literally resonated in her ears. "cyno as in the smartest kid in sumeru department?" she inquired, eliciting a gasp from yoimiya and a look of amazement from sara.

you repeated, your mouth open to the news, "yes he goes to sumeru— wait, smartest student?" being in sumeru had already proven his intelligence, but him being the smartest?

you pulled a jackpot.

she recalled, "yeah, my older brother ayato had talked to him a few times. he has a positive impression of him." ayaka nodded in answer. yoimiya makes a point of saying, "you pulled out a good one, y/n." while sara chuckles at this.

sara pulled out her phone to tell itto about the ten bucks that he owe, "itto's going to shit his pants when he finds out the one you're referencing in your tweets." she remarked.

you looked at her in surprise, unsure of what she obviously meant, "what do you mean?"

yoimiya spoke for her and said, "he had theories it was a boy. he continued blasting the group chat about inquiries based on your tweets, and he placed bets on which boy it was as well." to which ayaka hummed in agreement.

the three recalled the several names itto had mentioned, and none of them are cyno. hell, none of them anticipated that it would be him.

cyno has always kept a distance from everyone, despite being well-liked. he is attractive and intelligent, and everyone wants to be with him. however, he dislikes committing to relationships. as a result, he has zero dating experiences.

he doesn't have time for things like that, and being interested in a girl is far less common.

then you recollected that the boy was in the student council, making you question in a flash, "he's a student council right?" you directed your concentration toward your three friends. sara nodded, "yeah, the president role."

not anticipating him to hold one of the top positions at the university, you felt your mouth open wide. yoimiya laughed in the meantime as the knowledge hit her, "weren't you running for vice-president?"

you sighed at the idea and gulped uneasily before nodding and saying, "yeah. though i'm not sure whether i'll be winning."

however, ayaka gave you encouragement, "don't be too gloomy, you're going to be fantastic out there and if they didn't vote for you, then it's their loss."

yoimiya nodded her head in agreement, and sara grinned at you. yoimiya genuinely exclaimed, "what ayaka said! you're going to be a fantastic vice-president and you fully deserve it."

you soon found yourself feeling more inspired than ever with your poor self-esteem dissipating, thanking with a smile, "thanks guys, i'll try my best."

when y/n had been better than previously, sara then expressed, "we should go shopping, itto paid the ten bucks he owed for me."

chapter written : august 3 2022