#4 , bad habit

@first-move ꒰4꒱

@first-move ꒰4꒱

as it's the first time he'll start the conversation, cyno focused attentively on the dms between the two of you while attempting to think of something to say.

the boy anticipated that you would message him first, but several hours passed with no messages.

he realized that he needed to be the one to initiate it because he was getting fairly impatient.

tighnari, his roommate, was reaching into the kitchen drawers for some chips when he noticed cyno.

observing carefully how cyno's eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes glued on his phone. since he has known the boy since middle school, tighnari was aware that cyno was bothered by the appearance of his face.

after taking the chips and walking over to where cyno was seated on the couch, tighnari asked, "is there something in your phone that made you so focused?"

cyno hastily jerked his eyes away from the screen and hid his phone, acting as if he weren't too shy to strike up a conversation with the girl he was interested in. he disputed, "what are you talking about?"

when cyno was being so blatantly clear, tighnari rolled his eyes, indicating that he was not persuaded.

tighnari consequently flopped next to him, confusing cyno in the process. he suddenly lowered his arms, a serious look crossing his face.

he demanded an explanation as he saw cyno thinking for a moment. "you're clearly much too obvious and you can't lie to your one best friend. so tell me, what was it all about?"

when cyno inquired, "is it that significant?" tighnari merely gave him a glare.

the grey-headed boy eventually spilled the beans, showing that he was well aware of how difficult it would be to avoid tighnari. he started by saying, "i want to chat to this girl from the bookstore, but i can't think of a topic."

then, feeling frustrated at how he cannot think of such a simple thing, he continued, "is it this hard to start a discussion with someone?"

this just caused his best friend to chuckle in response, which cyno gave him a perplexed expression.

tighnari asked, "what made you want to talk to her?" and offered to assist as long as his friend would comply, which he thankfully did.

"i encountered her again earlier when it rained heavily, i happened to be shielded from the rain where she was at. i also found out she attends to teyvat university and is at the inazuma department." cyno recalled, recollecting the earlier incidents.

the boy next to him quietly gasped since he hadn't anticipated that the girl would be a student at the same university as them and hence live nearby.

then, before speaking, he started thinking of topics to help cyno and narrowed some down. "then, you can talk about how her day was and maybe about her favorite mangas, you know?" he suggested.