#21 , wishful thinking

@inter-whined ꒰21꒱

@inter-whined ꒰21꒱

"that's all , you guys are dismissed."

the discussion on upcoming university activities, such as the sports day, prom, school festival, and many others, came to a close quickly during the student council meeting.

the other student council members packed their belongings, bade one another farewell, and expressed gratitude to the president for presiding over the entire meeting before they soon left.

the vice president was looking out the window, meters away, with her head resting on the table, when an ashy-blonde-haired boy turned to face her.

"would you like to head back to the dormitories together?" albedo asked, picking up his macbook from the table and putting his tote bag over his shoulder.

their president, who was standing a few steps away, was already paying attention to the query. he was setting the documents on the table, but he couldn't help but listen more intently to what the two were saying.

in fact, following the incident from last night, y/n merely wished him a good night and never contacted him back, which caused cyno a lot of worry. especially when her twin hit him in the face with a pillow and he threw it back.

before the sound of the door closing, he was shaking his head from his thoughts and had forgotten that he was meant to listen in on the talk.

it appeared as though albedo had already gone, leaving just cyno and you. surprisingly, you were still there as he swiftly turned to look at your whereabouts because he had assumed you would follow him out of there.

you didn't move from your position and keep your head firmly planted on the table; cyno can only make out your back.

cyno is aware that he needs to apologize for what happened last night. he has no idea why he acted in such a way toward her, acting as though he were being controlled by his intrusive thoughts while his heart was literally racing and he might even pass out from it.

when you were preoccupied with the tree's leaves outside the window and the bird that was perched in a limb. you missed the white-haired boy occupying the seat next to you.

he chose to rest his head on the table as well, but this time with his arms resting on the bottom of his head. cyno was thinking about what to say, especially because it appeared as though he was invisible to you, as his eyes bore into the back of your head.

"i'm sorry about what i did last night."

he eventually managed to say anything to her. he was aware of how she avoided his gaze throughout the entire meeting, so he chose to ask later. now, he is acting as he intended to since his eyes were fixed on her.

this time he won't deny on missing her soothing voice and even missed her presence. he blatantly disregarded the fact that he could smell her aroma in his spot, which gave him comfort.

the sound of his voice caused you to snap out of your reverie, and you immediately turned your head in the opposite direction.

when cyno's face was just a few inches from yours, and the two of you were in close contact, you both found your eyes expanding.

heat suddenly raced up to your face, but just as you lifted your head, you discovered that his eyes were telling you something.

his gaze seemed to be filled with longing, and it forced you to remain motionless and ignore your heart's rapid beating.

"no, i'm sorry. i was obviously avoiding you. but don't worry, i'll have kuni apologize to you later."

cyno smiled subtly at the thought, "it's okay, i had no right to try touching you suddenly, and i have already crossed your boundary, so please accept my sincere apologies."

"it's alright now, and besides how about this..." she spoke, trailing off as she raised her hand to touch his hair. however, just as she was about to succeed, he grabbed her hand and stopped her.

he lifted his head up, prompting the girl to follow after, and as his fingertips caressed her hand, she abruptly froze at her movements. her eyes were wide when she felt his hand encircling hers and she was gazing up at him with ecstatic gaze.

his eyes betrayed a great deal of passion; he yearned to hold her close and experience her touch. but he was deterred by the impression that she did not share his feelings for her.

y/n intertwined her fingers with his, deterring him from releasing her hand just as he was about to.

she finally said, "we're even now." clutching his hand and smiling sweetly.

the boy was speechless when you spoke to him because he was still taking in the idea that you were holding his hand in real life, and that it was warm to the touch. at this point, his heart was racing, and a flush could be seen on his cheeks.

with that adorable smile of yours, how can he keep back? the way your eyes lit up when you squeezed his hand, or the audacious action you just executed?

when a frown appeared on your face after he abruptly withdrew his hand from yours, he didn't even stop to consider the consequences of his actions.

yet, the moment he planted his lips on yours, your frown was instantly replaced. upon feeling his hand caressing your cheek, and his gentle lips enclosing yours, your eyes instantly widened.

he pulled away before you even had a chance to kiss him back because his face was glistening with crimson, and he was attempting to read your reaction.

"i'm sorry, i wasn't━"

this time you leaned in and kissed him back. abruptly interrupting him in the middle of his sentence and startling him when you two started kissing once more.

he kissed back without reluctance while a faint smirk was dancing over his lips. your hands were on his shoulders as his fingers kept stroking your cheeks, and the passionate kiss grew deep.

simply put, it's the two of them expressing their newly discovered feelings—feelings that were strangely mutual—toward one another. in each other's presence, they let those lovesick feelings run wild.

 in each other's presence, they let those lovesick feelings run wild

chapter written : march 13 2023

note. bye i wasn't planning
on having the kissing scene
this chapter but then i went with the
flow and thought, why not?
i apologize if the writing looks goofy,
i haven't written kissing scenes
since dear watson finished 🙁🙁