Chapter 3: Afternoon Bodyguard

*At University-Months Later*

    Chay was finally getting the hang of uni-life. He made new friends, had more to do, and loved every class. Despite his best efforts, it was hard to ignore Kim, as they had some of the same friends and were in the same faculty. Regardless, Chay wasn't going to let it interfere with his college experience. He had no hard feelings towards Kim anymore, and just wanted to enjoy his time at school. He had originally wanted to go to this university because of "WIK," but he made it his own dream instead.

    A month into the school year and Chay already had a routine down. He stayed in his dorm during the week, but on the weekends Porsche arranged for a driver/bodyguard, Wan, to pick him up and bring him to the main family's building. This is the same guard who would take Chay to and from any extra activities his heart desired and watch the boy.

    This particular Friday, however, Wan hadn't shown up. Chay looked left and right on the main road, but there was no sign of him. By the time an hour had passed, he had already passed many levels of the game on his phone.

    Chay had grown impatient and called his brother, but reached the voicemail every time. He realized that Porsche was probably busy. Porsche had been working a lot more lately and Chay was brely able to see him.

    *Oh well*  he thought. He'd just have to go home on his own.

    Never did it occur to him that Porsche gave him a bodyguard for a reason. Chay was so caught up in his college life that he forgot he was living in a different world now.

    He began the walk home, but underestimated how long it would take. Chay decided to take a short cut down the alleyways. If he remembered correctly, he would get there in no time.

    Not long into his walk he could hear footsteps coming from behind him. He didn't look at first, but then realized they were getting faster.

    *Don't look.* If he looked, he would just become even more scared. His pace quickened as theirs did and he pulled out his phone to call his brother.

    Palms sweating, heightened blood pressure, and the cold rush of adrenaline that spread through his body all came crashing upon him at once, making him drop his phone screen-first into the concrete. He knelt down to pick it up, but caught a glimpse of the men who were chasing him. Any thought of a misunderstanding flew out the window. They were grimacing and coming straight for him.

    He stumbled back up and started running as fast as he could through the narrow alleys and zooming around corners to try and confuse them. His mind was scattered and all he could think about was not wanting to die. For God's sake, he was already kidnapped once! That was one too many times!

    He ran around another corner sharply and took off down this alley, hoping to make it to a street eventually. He had already lost track of where he was and was losing hope, when he noticed someone in the distance.

    "Macau!"

    "Porchay?" Macau looked questioningly at the boy.

    "Macau, run!" Chay was getting closer and wasn't stopping, even though his schoolmate was standing still.

    Macau watched Chay closing in on him, then became witness to the chase as two grown men popped out of where Chay came from. He didn't recognize them, but recognized the intention immediately.

    Chay made it to Macau and grabbed his arm, pulling it with him as he ran, but his movement ceased. Macau wasn't moving. "Hey!" Chay looked at him and yelled, but Macau was only focused on the men.

    Macau brushed off the boy's hand from his arm and walked forward, setting his bag down, then ran to meet the men. The first one swung at the boy, but Macau dodged it and gave him an uppercut, knocking him senseless for a minute. It was long enough to move to the second man and bounce around on his feet, laughing at the kidnapper. He grabbed Macau's arm, but the boy leaned back and kicked him in the knee.