Chapter 30: Call It Fate

**Author's Notes: Only one more chapter after this! Songs I listened to for this one: Speak- Lloyiso & Can't Help Falling In Love- Kina Grannis. Enjoy! 💜**

Surgery took hours, and a transfusion had to be done as Macau had lost a lot of blood.

    Chay ran in with Kinn and Porsche right behind him. He saw Pete and Vegas sitting in chairs outside of the operating room's double doors.

    For hours they all sat in silence, except for Chay who was pacing back and forth. They let him be, as they knew no words could console him.

    Nop brought them coffees, and Chay chugged his as soon as it was cooled down enough. There was no way he wanted to fall asleep.

    Porsche and Kinn wanted to take Chay home to clean up, but he refused and simply washed off the blood from his skin. He let a nurse bandage the wound on his cheek as his Phi's went home to clean up and brought him back fresh clothes and hygiene products.

    Chay waited at the doors until they brought him out. A feeling of relief washed over him as he saw Macau alive. He almost fell to the floor, but he stayed standing and followed them down the halls. He wanted to be the first person Macau saw when he woke up, and to be the first to tell him all of the good news.

    Pete and Vegas washed up quickly there at the hospital, not wanting to leave even for a second. They let Chay stay with Macau alone for a bit when he was taken to his room, while they met with Kinn and Porsche who were there to drop him off.

    The adults stayed in the hallway as Chay made his way in, leaving Dr. Top to update Vegas and the others.

    "He'll need one more surgery, but for now he's stable and it's looking good. He should be asleep for a while."

    "Thank you." Vegas knew this was the best hospital to bring Macau to. It had taken care of their family for years, beyond Dr. Top's time even. It gave his nerves some much needed peace.

    Dr. Top nodded and went on his way, leaving the four men to stand in an awkward silence.

    Communication and trust. Two things they had to reevaluate as they glanced around at each other. Four grown men didn't know what to say, because the two boys in that hospital room were the ones who showed them what it meant to be a partner. If it weren't for them, maybe things would've played out differently. If it weren't for Chay and Macau, their Phi's might not have made it out alive without regrets.

    "Healed okay?" Porsche motioned towards Pete.

    "Mmm." Pete glanced down at his shoulder. At a specific spot that he and Porsche both knew wasn't fatal. An action that made Pete second guess himself when he woke up. That made him think he and Kinn had been wrong about their lovers backstabbing them."Did you do that on purpose?"

    "If I did?"

    "Why?"

    Porsche looked at Vegas, then squeezed Kinn's hand and smiled at him. He understood them. He wouldn't have wanted Vegas to kill Kinn. "You were never the enemy."

    A warm feeling washed over Pete. To know the truth. That they never meant to hurt him. To know that what he and Kinn suspected was all wrong.

    "How'd you find out?" Vegas asked Kinn.

    "Pa had people follow you two, so we wanted to find out what was going on. I didn't thi-" He cleared his throat. "I didn't know what to think. If it weren't for that anonymous email, I wouldn't have known about everything."

    "Email? What email?" Porsche and Vegas looked at Kinn, stunned at what he was revealing. Neither of them had sent anything.

    "Surveillance from the docks. When Pa shot Porsche. I received it not long before everything went down earlier. We tried to trace the ID, but it redirected us out of the country."