Chapter 29: If I Fall

**Author's Notes: Big chapter. I always knew I wanted this in here, since before I even started writing this story. I went back and forth trying to decide how it'd get to this point and it was a long road but finally I figured it out. Hope you enjoy 💜 I was emotional writing it.

Songs that helped me write this chapter: Are You With Me-nilu & Dynasty- MIIA & even Happier Than Ever-Billie Eilish (this one because of the feeling the song gives me, not necessarily the lyrics) **

**TW: Guns/Blood/Violence**

Through each building, Kim and Macau went in guns first, leaving Chay in the middle and Nop at the end covering them. Men were shooting left and right, but they remained unscathed as they made a run for it.

"To your right!" Kim shot where Macau directed him. They helped one another, protecting Chay as much as they could.

They finally reached the balcony of one of the warehouses, opening the door and making their way across the bridge to the second to last building in the row.

While they stayed high on the second floor, Chay finally spotted Korn. They had reached the end.

Vegas was ahead of them, shooting with Fah and Yen while his other men in front. Kim and Macau came up from behind, circling around to get a better handle on things as they ducked and came back up, leaving Chay on the ground to take cover as he tried to help with the extra gun Macau had given him.

The boy stayed low, aiming I'm between crates and shooting the weapon. It was unlike his own gun, releasing multiple bullets at a time. It took getting used to, but Chay had no time. All he could do was try his best.

Vegas saw them coming, and remained calm even though he was conflicted. He was pissed that the boys showed up, but they were doing such a good job that it made him proud. It gave him even more of a reason to take Korn down, as he didn't want them to get hurt.

This building was different than the others. There were more items to hide behind and shield with. There was no wide open space anywhere, so it made it easier for each side to keep their ground. It also meant that it gave each of them more space to move forward and gain a better stance against the other.

There was fighting happening below on the first floor, but it was slowly coming to a stop as they killed each other off. Vegas was towards the railing, watching and making sure no one came up to help Korn.

Imagine his surprise when more people showed up at the entrance. People he wasn't expecting.

More guards from the main family, and two people behind them. Kinn and Pete.

It took Vegas' breath away, and Fah pulled him down quickly before he was shot. Vegas had lost focus. He was now compromised from within.

Korn was using this time wisely. They had already narrowed Vegas' men down to a handful.

Vegas had to pull it together quickly, because they were soon to be surrounded as Kinn and his men came up the stairs. "Just don't shoot Pete." Fah and Yen nodded in understanding, and the three backed away from the railing to make room for the incoming men.

More bullets, even more shouting, even more blood and bodies now. Kinn came up behind his men and went alongside the railing to get to his father.

Pete stayed behind, helping the other half of Kinn's guards. Until he found Vegas. Pete closed in on him, making his way through the maze of crates and random machinery.

And when he caught up with his lover, Vegas already had his hands up. "Pete..." Tears filled his eyes as Pete aimed at him.

"What are you doing?"