Chapter 26: Tell Myself I'm Okay

**Author's Notes: Last extra chapter before Saturday. After that, I think I'll have two left. Reminder that everything in this chapter is a result of my theories, not spoilers.**

Macau and Chay packed their bags the very next morning, setting off without their phones to go to the safe house. A new one, almost an hour from Bangkok.

    Chay was out most of the way, trying to get some rest after a sleepless night. He only dreamt of Porsche dying, and was thankful that the jolting from parking the car woke him. He let out a deep breath, hoping it wouldn't come true.

    They held hands as they walked up to the large house, only to be greeted by Porsche running to hold Chay. The boy was squeezed tightly and he pressed himself into the warm embrace. "Hia..."

    "I'm so happy you're okay."

    Macau let them have their time, and continued into the home to find Vegas in shatters on the couch. He looked like hell, with the same bloody and torn clothes he had on when he left the warehouse.

   He glanced up to find Macau and looked at him with sorrowful eyes. Eyes bloodshot and full of tears. He tried to smile, but failed.

    Macau was angry. Angry that his brother couldn't keep his word. Angry that Pete could be dead and they ran away. He was hurt, but he knew Vegas felt worse. So he sat next to Vegas and hugged him from the side, resting his head on his shoulder.

    "Macau... "

    "Mmmm." Was all that Macau could muster. He couldn't find the words to ease Vegas' pain, because he wasn't sure there were any. He had never seen Vegas more in love than he was with Pete, and he knew that Vegas tried his best regardless of what happened.

    Outside, Chay cried into his brother's shoulder. "Hia, can't you stay away?"

    "What?" Porsche wiped his own tears as he let go of the boy.

    "Can't you just stay away from them? We can all go somewhere, we can get away and be happy. Can't you do that? For me?"

    Porsche put on a smile and rubbed Chay's arms. "We can go away soon."

    "Let's go now. What's stopping you," Chay cried. Nothing was more important to him than their safety, and he didn't know why Porsche didn't see that.

    "Chay, I have some things to take care of before that."

    "Like what? Are you going back? After what happened last night? What if you get hurt?!"

    "How do you know what happened last night?" Porsche focused on the wrong thing, making Chay even more frustrated.

    "That's not the point! Why can't you see that? You were almost killed! Don't you know how much I need you?"

    "Chay, what we're doing, it's for our family. For you and me and Mae. Please understand. You can't go barging into places like that, you could get hurt!"

    "Isn't that what you're doing though? Me and Mae, we'll be happier if you're alive. If you really cared about our family you'd see that." Chay pushed past Porsche to go inside, leaving the older bewildered.

    Chay entered and took off down the nearest hallway, not caring that he didn't know his way around. He just wanted to cry in peace. Macau stood up as Chay walked in, and was about to go to his boyfriend when Porsche stopped him.

    "You!" Porsche was heated, and Macau just knew that the man found out. "I trusted you to protect him! What the fuck were you thinking?!"

    Vegas stood up immediately, getting between them. "Don't touch him!" Vegas was still out of it, and someone getting onto his brother was not something anyone should do in front of an angry Vegas.