Chapter 6: Because I Have You I'm Not Alone

**Extra chapter this week 💜💜**

Chay woke up to a strange sound. He opened his eyes to find Macau violently brushing his teeth while looking through his clothes. "Macau?" Chay sat up, slowly remembering where he stayed the night.

"Rise and shine!" Macau smiled with bubbly white teeth.

"What time is it?" Chay flipped the blankets to find his phone.

"8am. Get ready to go, I'm starving." As Macau said that, his stomach began to rumble. Both boys looked at it like it was going to come to life.

"Okay, okay." Chay found his phone and checked his notifications before realizing that he could be traced with it. "Oh... Porsche put a tracker in my phone. What should I do with it?"

"Leave it. If you don't respond they'll just think you're sleeping in."

*~*~*~*~*~*

The boys snuck out the side of the building, away from where Chay's guards would be parked. As long as they didn't see the tracking device move, Chay would be free to roam about.

Macau with his black ripped jeans and white T-shirt looked completely opposite from Chay in his shorts and light blue T-shirt. The only thing they shared fashionably were converse, showing how youthful they both were.

The two strolled down the main road of the nearest neighborhood looking for breakfast when Macau spotted his favorite local place. A small restaurant with only a cook and the owner whom was also a waitress. "Here!"

The woman smiled as they walked in, recognizing Macau immediately. "Brought a friend this time?" Macau nodded. He frequented this place every weekend since the start of university. The last time he ate there was the day he ran into Chay, a week before.

"Mmm. I can't pass your food up. Two coffees and two omelets with rice, please, Khun Lan." The boys seated themselves in the back, and they both faced the front because Macau said they should never have their backs to the door.

The woman, Lan, brought them coffees with lids and paper straws. "Coming right up!"

"You don't bring your friends here?" Chay wondered why.

"Nope."

"Not even Som?"

"He's too busy with all the new people in the music faculty." Macau acted like it didn't bother him, but Chay felt bad for him.

"Is that why you're always alone at lunch?"

"Alone? What're you talking about? You eat lunch with me everyday, " Macau said matter-of-factly as he sipped on his coffee.

Chay hadn't thought about it up until then. He was spending everyday with his new friend instead of his classmates that he had gotten close with. "Oh yea... "

"What about your friends? Didn't you make some in your faculty, too?"

Chay thought of them, Han, Khao, and Mali. All Chay's seniors that he got along well with. They were, however, also friends with Kim. Chay decided not to bring up Kim in front of his own cousin. "They seem busy these days. I don't want to bother them."

"If they're real friends, they won't be bothered by your presence." Chay was stunned at the wise words that came from Macau, and Macau noticed because of Chay's wide eyes. "What? P'Pete told me that."

"Oho!" Macau squinted at the boy's reaction. "That makes more sense." Next thing Chay knew, a crumbled up napkin was tossed at him.

"Buffalo."

They both laughed as Lan brought their plates and they waied in response. She stopped and admired them both. "So cute! The both of you come back often, hmm?"