Chapter 17: I'll Be Your Safe Place

**Uploading a teeny bit early cause I'm not staying up til midnight tonight-enjoy💜**

*Saturday*

Macau waited patiently as Chay got dressed. He sat like a puppy on the edge of the bed waiting for it's owner. His eyes lit up as Chay came out, as they always did. "I'm ready."

Chay made his way over and Macau held his hands out on the boy's hips, gripping lightly as he pulled Chay closer. "Is this a new shirt?" He lifted his hands to touch the thin fabric and his fingers brushed against the skin of Chay's hip to the point of making the boy blush.

"Mmm. Tankhun bought it for me. Do you...like it?" Chay didn't know when he started caring that Macau admired his clothes. Maybe when he started to have feelings for Macau. Chay suddenly wanted to look like he knew what he was doing.

"I like anything you wear." Everything looked good on Chay. Even the simplest pajamas on the boy made Macau go crazy. Chay blushed and Macau reached up to pinch his cheeks. "Let's go."

The boys held hands as they entered the lobby to meet with the rest of the group. Chay tried to let go, as he was new to showing any sort of PDA, but Macau wouldn't let him go and only held on tighter. They were together now, and Macau wanted the world to know.

As they looked around, they noticed that Mali wasn't there. "Hey!" Khao noticed them and made his way over. "Mali left. It was her decision, so don't feel too bad."

Chay nodded. There was no way he would feel bad about that. Not after the show she put on the night before. Chay knew Macau would feel more comfortable with her gone, and so would he.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The first stop they made was the Teddy Bear Museum. It awakened the child in everyone, but especially Chay and Macau. Neither of them made trips to such places when they were young, and it felt like they were reliving their childhood, but better.

"A little to the left!" Macau smiled as he took pictures of Chay with the camera he brought. He knew it would come in handy.

"Here. You go. I'll take a picture of you both." Han took the camera and Macau made his way next to the boy, posing with him for pictures.

Kim caught up to his friend just as Hands was taking their picture. He was both heartbroken and yet a part of him didn't mind. Seeing Chay and Macau holding hands and being so happy made a piece of him happy, too. He knew Chay needed this, and he knew Macau was probably a better person with Chay. So Kim let his heart break, for the sake of the boys. It was a bittersweet feeling as he watched them laugh.

That could've been him. Reality made that impossible, though. He couldn't fix Chay's heart, and he couldn't make any promises to keep it whole. What else could he do but let the boy be happy? Even if it was his cousin, Kim knew Macau would take care of Chay. Kim began to trust Macau like this with Chay, because he saw the way they looked at each other.

Chay was more open now, letting himself smile the biggest he ever had. The confidence radiated from the boy in such a way that no one could ignore it. Macau couldn't be any prouder, and it showed in his eyes when he looked at Chay. No one was more in love with someone than the two who chased each other through the museum.

They all took their time exploring, laughing and running around aimlessly to see each display. While everyone was preoccupied, Macau pulled Chay into the next room.

Before Chay knew what was happening, Macau's hand was caressing his neck as their lips met. One kiss was all it took for Chay to lose himself. His lips moved with Macau's, and as they slowly parted, Chay pulled Macau back for more.