Chapter 2

At the second-family House.

"What time is it? and where is Pete?" Vegas enquires from his bodyguard Dam. 

Dam replies, "Khrap, It's 8:00 am right now, Khun Pete is in Khun Porsche's office since 7:30 am".

In Porsche's office,

"How is Vegas's condition now? I heard you guys came back from the hospital late at night yesterday," asks Porsche, sitting in, what used to be Khun Kan's office, which now shows no signs of Khun Kan ever being in it. All of his belongings have been removed and replaced by new, shiny things. The bodyguards have been gossiping that Khun Kinn himself redecorated the whole office with great care. The new Chandelier that hangs in this big room was custom made in England, while the 100-year-old Oak table was gifted by Khun Korn, it belonged to his grandfather. there are several photos of Kinn, Porsche, Chay, and their parents framed in antique gold frames, placed elegantly on the shelves.

 there are several photos of Kinn, Porsche, Chay, and their parents framed in antique gold frames, placed elegantly on the shelves

Porsche is sitting on his chair, wearing a Crisp white shirt and a fitted, lilac-colored linen suit that looks cool and refreshing in the rising Bangkok heat. On his feet, he is wearing his favorite Gucci loafers that Kinn sneakily bought for him after he saw him staring at them through the shop window. 

Porsche's new head bodyguard Daeng is standing right next to him with his shoulders squared off and hands down at his sides. Daeng is a burly man, six foot one inch tall with toned and well-built muscles that are visible through his tight black suit. He has light brown eyes with thick eyelashes, a pointed nose, and sharp cheekbones. 

Daeng was introduced to Kinn and Porsche by Pete. Daeng and Pete's families have been neighbors in the village for generations. Pete calls Daneg's mother auntie, and Daeng and Pete have grown up together. Daeng had just finished university when aunty Aranya, Daeng's mother, called Pete to recommend Daeng for a job at the main family's house, as he wasn't able to find a job for months, and it was impacting their family financially. Pete was initially hesitant to recommend Daeng for a job like this but aunt Aranya convinced Pete to recommend Daeng for this job. She told Pete that working for Khun Korn's family will be the biggest honor of their lives. Khun Korn has done so much for this village and their families, that even if they sacrificed their lives for Khun Korn's family, it would be a privilege. So Pete reluctantly recommended Daeng and now he works as Porsche's right-hand man and bodyguard. 

"Vegas is feeling better now, I still don't know why you always visited him in the hospital only when he was asleep. Do you feel guilty towards him?" asks Pete in a commiserative tone.

"Why should I feel guilty towards a person who attacked first, who tried to kill Kinn, who even dared to kidnap Chay? he should have known this was coming!", replies Porsche in a dismissive tone. 

"You know Vegas did not know about the attack on Chay, it was Khun Kan's doing, can you stop blaming Vegas for that? Even all the bodyguards, revealed the truth in the interrogations, Vegas only knew about the attack at the main house, he had no idea that Khun Kan had planned to kidnap Chay, what more proof do you want? Don't forget that Vegas is still very much a part of this family business, he has good relations with our partners in Europe and Mexico, you need Vegas at your side to teach you the ropes of this business, you need him as an associate, especially when Khun Kinn is always traveling these days and is so busy restoring the influence of the main family in the circle." says Pete with a hint of impatience in his voice.