Chapter 28

Vegas watches Pete drying his freshly washed hair as he walks into their bedroom. He is wearing a thin white cotton T-shirt that clings to his body, its fabric slightly wet in places that reveal his contoured muscles. Vegas's eyes immediately fall on Pete's left nipple which is clearly visible due to the t-shirt being damp in that particular area. It protrudes under the shirt, seemingly inviting Vegas to come and torture it until the owner of the nipple completely surrenders under him.

Pete stands in front of the dressing table mirror, nonchalantly drying his hair with a hair dryer,  completely unaware of Vegas's presence in the room. Water droplets fall on the floor around him, as he hums a tune of his favorite song. Vegas observes him quietly, his gaze moving from his chest to his lower body where a towel is loosely hung around his waist practically begging for Vegas to yank it and throw it across the floor.  As Vegas watches Pete, he recalls his actions with Porsche earlier this evening. A confounded feeling of guilt washes over him, leaving his emotions in turmoil. He grapples with this newfound feeling of unease, struggling to make sense of the situation and its implications on his relationship with Pete. 

In his past relationships, Vegas has never had to deal with the complex emotion of guilt or shame. Always driven by desire and needs, the idea of considering another person's feelings or being burdened by a sense of wrongdoing has never weighed heavily on his conscience. Looking at Pete right now, completely unaware of his actions, happily drying his hair in their room, in the house that belongs to them makes Vegas question the choices that he had made earlier tonight. 

Vegas slowly walks over to Pete and takes the hairdryer from his hand, gently blow-drying and affectionately stroking his hair but not saying anything. 

"What took you so long? You said you were leaving the bar over two hours ago?" Pete asks Vegas as he looks at him through the mirror.

"Your hair is so soft." Vegas runs his fingers through Pete's freshly dried hair, gently tugging it at the crown and turning his face towards him. Their eyes meet in an instant unspoken moment of connection but Vegas suddenly lowers his gaze and puts the hair dryer back on the dressing table.

"I have to tell you something," Vegas says, as he walks over to sit on the bed, his fingers nervously scratching the back of his head. 

Pete has never seen Vegas in this state before. He carefully watches Vegas in his contemplative state. It is evident in the way he fidgets and seems to struggle to find the right words that whatever he is about to say has been bothering him. Pete takes a seat on the chair next to the dressing table and intently observes Vegas's chest, which rises and falls with each shaky inhalation. "What is it? Did something happen to Porsche?" Pete asks in a concerned voice. 

"Nothing happened to Porsche. I sort of made out with him in the car when I dropped him off at the main house." Pete's eyes widen in shock, he immediately stands up and goes into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. Pete struggles to breathe as his heart rate increases causing him to heave. He holds his chest tightly but the hyperventilation causes him to feel intense weakness and he drops to the floor, hugging his knees and trying to control his breathing.

As he starts to process what Vegas just told him, Memories of his time with Vegas and their relationship begin to surge through his mind. Tears well up in his eyes, tracing a trail down his cheeks as they fall. Each tear seems to carry the weight of the realization that things between them have irrevocably changed. Vegas repeatedly bangs on the bathroom door pleading with Pete to open it and talk to him. 

"Hey, baby, I am so sorry, please open the door. Pete, I won't do anything like this ever again. I don't even know why I did it. I have no feelings for Porsche. Pete! Pete, please open the door!! PETE! 

Amidst Vegas's continuous pleading, Pete is on the bathroom floor, his inner turmoil threatening to consume him. Pete knows that he can be extremely vengeful and violent, a side of him that he has safely kept hidden for a number of years. He has always been a calm and composed person but he is also aware that there is rage in him that simmers just beneath the surface. Pete closes his eyes, shutting off Vegas's loud banging and pleading. He can feel the pressure building up behind his eyes, he clenches his fists, nails digging into the palm of his hands.

"Leaving him is not an option," he mutters through gritted teeth, his voice trembling with the intensity of his emotions. "That man belongs to me, no one can take him away from me..." "But he has got to pay somehow," he continues, his voice growing quieter but more resolute. It isn't about holding onto what is his, it's about justice and payback.  

Pete stands up with determination, his hands trembling as he reaches into the bathroom cupboard, grabbing a loaded pistol. He knows exactly where Vegas keeps his weapons, tucked away in various hidden spots around the house. His fingers close around the cold, metallic grip of the pistol, recalling the time when he first came to live in this house, Vegas took him on a tour,  revealing each secret drawer and concealed compartment.

Pete opens the door and meets with Vegas's grim face. As soon as Vegas sees the pistol in Pete's hand, his face contorts with a mixture of shock and concern. "What the fuck??? Pete are you fucking crazy??? It was just a kiss, have you lost your fucking mind? give me the pistol." Vegas screams at Pete, trying to snatch the pistol from his hand.

"Stay away, or I will pull the trigger and the bullet will go right through my head," Pete says pointing the Pistol on his forehead, the metal touching the point between his eyebrows. His voice is low and his expression scaringly placid. Pete's eerily calm voice and relaxed expression send a shiver down Vegas's spine. He looks at Pete as he undresses himself using one hand. His other hand is still holding the gun, now pointing at one of his temples. 

"What the fuck are you doing?????? I don't understand this, do you want to have sex right now? We need to resolve things first??" Vegas looks at Pete with his eyes wide in shock. He is struggling to process Pete's sudden unpredictable behavior. He has never seen Pete so erratic, so volatile. He did not behave in such a capricious manner even when he had kept him captive at the lake house. Vegas stands frozen in front of the bathroom as Pete goes to lie on the bed, his hand still holding the pistol firmly. He reaches over the bedside table and takes out the tube of lube with his other hand, squeezing it over his hole. 

Vegas starts unzipping his jeans thinking that maybe going along with what Pete is doing might calm him down and resolve the situation.

"Who said I am going to have sex with you?"

"What????"

Pete fishes for his phone which is lying under his pillow and dials a number, smiling hauntingly at Vegas.