Chapter 21

When Pete and Vegas enter Macau's room at the hospital, they are shocked to see that Macau's lips are bruised, he is unable to open one of his eyes as it is so busted up that the area around it is swollen. One of his hands is in a cast. Macau is lying on the bed with his eyes closed. He opens one of his eyes as he sees Pete and Vegas enter the room.

"Phi!!" One look at Vegas and Macau starts sobbing, tears flowing freely from his eyes, hurting the swollen part even more. Vegas quickly goes up to Macau and hugs him, he gently pats Macau's head while enveloping him in his arms. Pete stands beside Vegas teary-eyed, looking at Macau all torn up like this is breaking his heart into pieces. Pete never had any siblings growing up, but ever since Vegas was shot two months ago, Macau and he had formed a very strong bond, Pete knew that Vegas and he will probably never have a child together, so for Pete, Macau was like his child, he and Vegas showered all their fatherly love on Macau.

Macau's condition filled Pete with indignation, and a familiar feeling of rage started bubbling up inside him. "My boy, who doesn't have a mean bone in his body, beat up like this? Who is this son of a bitch who dares to do this to my harmless child?" Pete's face turns red and tears start streaming down his face when suddenly Macau looks up at him, "Phi, come here." Macau spreads his arms and calls Pete in for a hug. Pete immediately sits on the side of Macau's bed and gives him a warm hug.

Macau wipes tears from Pete's face and says, "I am fine Phi. Don't cry, I am okay." Macau tries to smile but the sides of his face hurt when he did it so he stops but tries to put on a brave face for Pete. "Who did this to you?"

"Some thugs. Don't worry about it Phi. I will be fine in a couple of days."

"Who are you trying to protect Macau? tell us who did this to you???" Pete's entire face has turned red, his jaw is clenched tightly and his brows are furrowed. He is looking intently at Macau. "Pete, baby, calm down okay, let him rest first. We will ask him everything later, okay?" Vegas gently rubs Pete's back trying to calm his anger down. Pete doesn't acknowledge whatever Vegas just said.

He gently holds Macau's hand between both of his palms and kisses it, "lûuk chaai(my son), don't worry about anything okay, we are here now, just tell us what happened and who did this to you. We will take care of everything. Hmm?" Macau's eyes filled with tears again because Pete only called him luuk chaai when he was consoling him during the time Vegas was in a coma. Macau instantly pulls Pete in for a hug again and starts sobbing, clutching his shirt tightly and letting his tears fall on Pete's shoulders. "He took him away Phi!! he took my lifeline away!...I don't know what he is doing to him...I don't know if he is safe phi!!" Macau manages to mutter a few sentences between his sobs.

Pete immediately realized who Macau was talking about. "Who took Chay away??"

Vegas and Macau look at Pete in shock. "Phi?? You knew?" Macau couldn't believe that Pete already knew about him and Chay.

"Pete, what the hell are you saying????" Vegas shouts at Pete as he has no idea what the hell is happening right now.

"Baby calm down, we can talk about this later, we first need to find out where Chay has been taken and who took him," Pete tells Vegas.

As Vegas, Pete, and Macau were talking, Chay and Kim enter the hospital room. "Phi!!!" Chay runs over to Macau and gives him a warm hug. Kim stood at the door and waii'd to Vegas and Pete. He kept his stare down and stood silently by the door.

"Are you okay? I was so worried for you." Macau affectionately strokes Chay's hair, feeling relieved to see Chay safe and sound.

Chay gets teary-eyed looking at Macau's condition. "Phi, look at you, how could you be worried about me even in this condition? Don't be so good to me Phi...I don't deserve a person like you." Chay rests his head on Macau's chest, crying weakly in his arms.