Chapter 23

A covenant cruiser was flying through the debris of variant of ships left on the battle above Reach. It was escorted by 4 Doms and 4 Val Walos flying beside it as they flew through the debris. As they pass a destroyed UNSC battleship, within the depths of the destroyed battleship 4 black theme Zaku 2s were waiting them for an ambush.

Not far from their position was another 6 Zaku 2s these particular Zaku 2 has a horn on its head making a difference from the rest of its regular counterpart.

As the cruiser pass and slowly tilt to the leftas to avoid the coming debris that was filled with bombs hidden only to be met a large explosion hitting in front of the cruiser

Zaku 2s went out from their hiding spots and began engaging the enemy. The covenant were caught on surprised as shots fired by the Zakus eliminating half of the escort force.

The said cruiser turn its turrets to aim the Zakus only to be stop as another explosion was hit on the side of the ship destroying their energy shields and a large dent was seen on the side

The said cruiser turn its turrets to aim the Zakus only to be stop as another explosion was hit on the side of the ship destroying their energy shields and a large dent was seen on the side. A black themed UNSC battleship was hidden among the debris revealed itself as its cannons open fired at the cruiser.

The rounds impact the cruiser creating explosions on the side of the cruiser further damaging it. The cruiser opens its hanger as it tries to send Seraphs to deal the battleship, unfortunately a squad of Broadswords sent its deadly payloads into the hanger destroying whatever was inside of it.

The defensive turrets of the cruiser went online as it tries to fend of the Broadswords, one by one the turrets were destroyed by the coordination and tactics of the Broadswords.

A havoc nuclear missile was launch from the battleship and was headed towards, the shipmaster of the cruiser failed to notice the incoming missile heading towards the hanger.

As the missile went inside the hanger the squad of Broadswords disengage as a loud explosions were heard inside the cruiser. Following explosions continued until the cruiser detonate itself into oblivion.

The Zaku 2s finish the fight only having minor damage to some Zaku 2s, all units went towards the battleship to reload and repair as the battleship went to find a suitable spot to ambush unsuspecting covenant ships.