Chapter 31

High Charity, few hours ago......

Gravemind POV

No no no this can't be happening, I sense as all my minions sent to infect potential planets filled with brim life were intercepted by these fighters from unknown origin, Covenant? No they don't bear their insignia anymore more like a separate faction from their own.

How can such mindless creatures know the location of the infected ships and transport's heading towards their world. Could it be they predict my movements no, that's impossible they are not in that stage yet.

Even the forerunners tried their best to predict my movements but none succeed only their Halo manage to reduce me to dust but not all.

So much questions to be answered and none could not make any sense as I consume all life to gather info about those things, on this floating city and yet none at all of the inhabitants did I consume within gave me the answers.

Those hulking metal humanoids tried to assimilate them only to be turn my minions into nothing but a pile of flesh.

Its no use, anything I could throw at them be it spores, ambush, and infect them within. None, all of it were unsuccessful in attempts to take control of their bodies which peak my curiosity towards these unknown humanoids but sadly they departed much to my relief and sadness that I can't assimilate them in my hive.

My pondering came to stop as I felt a surge of power emanating through the the center of the hive city. It felt similar to the one which I felt the psychic attack moments ago.

Without wasting time I tranverse myself towards the center of the city or my city as flesh and spores grows within these cold metal walls.

As I traverse through the walls and tunnels of this great called city, the power emanating grow stronger as I approach.

However as I approach it cause me great difficulty as the power of this being was immense and pushing me back. At long last I arrive as I began to form I heard the being spoke as if expecting me.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you.... Gravemind."

What?

I stared at the figure beneath me, my mind halted for a sec before my figure raised and look down at the unknown human before.

I stared at it in contempt and wary.

"What are you?"

The humanoid figure looked at me in his eyes studying me with interest in his eyes.

"Fascinating, seeing you in real life does make a difference." The figure muttered as he hold his chin to ponder.

What?

"What nonsense, are you speaking of?"

The figure before me snap back from reality before he shook his head.

"Yeah about that forget what I am saying, now where were we oh yes!!" The thing raised his hand and a circular object appeared into his hand.

"Now stand still so I can acquire you, then I shall boast in front of that kleptomania skull head friend of mine." The figure said in annoyed tone before he looked at me as his eyes glows.

Sensing danger I immediately attacked the figure in front of me as I use my large tentacles to swap these.... thing in front of me.

I telepathically called my servants to buy me some time to escape away from these, whatever it is it's not human but a monster.

Then I notice that my servants were not responding to my calls as I tried desperately to summon them until I realize that I can't move my body.

I look around and saw the tentacles I used to distract that monster were frozen at the direction of the monster. Everything and everyone went into a half nothing moves even breathes. Until an emotion that I never have though to have, fear, the monster in front of me walked towards me in slow graces. As he gets near, dread and fear began to grew within myself.