Chapter 26

A shot bursts through at the back of the Dom before it exploded leaving bits of pieces, the shot came from Carlos mobile suit, Sinanju. All around Carlos was parts of the group he engage earlier, decapitated heads of Dom floating, chassis of different mobile suits destroyed and burnt, a half melted Seraph and along with bodies of aliens dead now floating in space.

"Cabal, do you hear me?"

"Yes, commander?" Cabal's voice echoed through Carlos intercom.

"How's the progress of Master Chief and the others on getting to Regret?"

"Nearly there, commander however Chief needed to got through obstacles in order to get Regret." Cabal spoke before he sends the video where Chief battles through Mombasa while saving ambushed and trap soldiers either in groups or alone as Chief navigates through out the city.

Also Carlos saw on monitors an RGM unloading it's mag towards the down Dom before taking cover on a nearby destroyed building as beams hit where it was standing, on ground UNSC marines and soldiers fought covenant troops building by building as intense CQC were fought in there, on another part of Earth on a plain fields was a line of tanks firing simultaneously towards the wraiths and Gok as each tanks pick off their targets, and a Broadsword destroyed 3 Banshees before it disengage to face of 2 Seraphs coming to its tail.

The monitors changed the scenes, Carlos saw multiple cities were under attack but not severely as UNSC forces who are responsible protecting those cities are fairing well against the enemy. Carlos saw a group of Spartan 3s along with a batch of UNSC soldiers navigating through the alley ways, 3 scorpion tanks hidden under a high way opened fired to a column of wraiths going down on the northern road of the city one after the other exploded as UNSC soldiers gunned down the confused and shock covenant troops.

Carlos intercepted an encrypted message from Regret, realising that he will slipspace jump inside the city Carlos immediately take action.

"Cabal, call all UNSC forces and my units to fall back outside the city."

"Roger that commander."

As Carlos watched the battles erupted all around Earth he got a call from Miranda Keyes requesting Admiral Hood to engage the the prophet's ship.

"Sir, the prophet is bugging out request permission to engage."

"Negative, commander I direct our heavy ships to hit the prophets starboard side."

Just then Regret's ship just began to enter slipspace jump inside the city.

"There's no time sir."

"Green light, Captain you have my permission to engage. All forces within the city fall back outside the city, ASAP!!" Admiral Hood exclaimed.

The transmission ended as Carlos watch on the monitors as the Amber Clad went closed enough to Regret's ship. In just in time for the pelican where Chief was entered the hangers of Amber Clad.

Regret's ship jumped along with the Amber Clad, there it produces a small like super nova that envelopes the city.

Once the light dies down a chunk of the city mostly on the centre was nothing left. A small portion of UNSC forces died from the blast and the covenant who was still inside the city died, leaving a small chunk of survivors who later on surrendered.

"Cabal, status of the covenant ships on orbit?"

"A few cruisers initiate a slipspace jump possibly towards where the prophet was heading, majority of their ships are still here fighting the UNSC defense fleet."

"I see, inform Admiral Hood that large Covenant force are on their way."

"Yes, commander."

"And Cabal? Are the Destroyers are ready in position?"