Chapter 27

As the battle intensify on Earth continues, back on Halo at the edge of a cliff overlooking the overgrown installation of a forerunner facility. Explosion occurs inside the facility, inside were elites and brutes were seen fighting along side with the grunts and jackals while shooting at each other.

Outside of the facility were Z-Goks and Doms engaging one another while the infantry and vehicles exchange fire at one another. Smokes were seen rising up from different areas of the vicinity.

Outside not far from the battle overlooking the facility a bright light opens up and emerge the Arbiter dropping from the portal before he looks around. Sounds of battle was taken place all around of the region where he was drop off.

He immediately kneel down as he survey his surroundings before he went towards the forest as a pair of Doms went towards the sounds of battle down below.

As the Arbiter enters the dense forest he saw piles of bodies of elites laid on the grown along with the brutes as intense fire fight was still heard not far from where the Arbiter stood.

Arbiter POV.

Seeing my dead breathen towards the cold ground I can't help but cursed out loud towards the prophets and the brutes.

I look down and pick up a kneeler belong to one of the bodies of the dead, as I proceed towards the forest where the fighting was heard.

I glanced at the dead bodies of my kind I clench my fists in anger, before I look at the bodies of my kind.

"May your souls may find peace through the stars, brothers. I'll promised you all your deaths will be avenge the prophets will pay through blood." I softly spoke before heading towards the firefight.

As I was heading towards the firefight I can't help but to think about Sesa telling me. Is it true? The prophets were lying all along, the great journey that was all to believe was all but just a lie? I continue to find it troublesome as I though about it, however those thoughts vanish once I arrived.

I saw a squad of elites along with the grunts are taking cover behind a large formation of rocks as the brutes fired their arsenal towards them. I saw some of the elites died in the fighting, I activate my stealth as I creep behind the backs of the brutes.

As I came close I immediately pulled my energy sword and igniting it. The sound caused one of the brutes to turn around only to met my fiery blade as I swung towards his neck decapitating it.

I quickly raised the needler to one of the brute who's back was exposed. I pulled the trigger as half of the ammo went towards to its head before it exploded.

Some of the brutes turned around looking at me along with the two dead brethren before they roar in rage and engage me. This gave time for the elites to counter attack while the others are focused on me.

As they attack with rage as they raised their weapons and started shooting at me. I quickly dodge and find some cover to withstand the incoming punishment.

"Is this all you got, ape!! You can't manage put a single scratch on me, is these the prophets chosen so called protectors they can't even aim straight you are worst than the unggoy!!" I shouted as I retaliated to the exposed brutes injuring one of them.

This led the some brutes grew angry and berserk as they continue to shot where I was hiding. The stone which I was hiding began to crumble, thankfully my stealth suit has recharge enough to conceal my present as I silently move around and at the back of the brutes who wildly shooting where I was hiding.

I ignited my sword once more and decapitated the two unfortunate brutes, before anyone could realize I primed two plasma grenades and quickly put it one of the brutes at the neck.