Chapter 30

Earth, Homeworld of Humanity..

The battle seemed to died down as Elites and several other aliens including the grunts and jackals are holding their hands up as they walk to UNSC military across the Earth.

The UNSC forces were a bit hesitant but after orders from the upper ups confirming the Schism or the Rebellion of the Elites against the Prophets, the surrendered Covenant forces were sent to POW Camps. However not all Covenant forces, mostly brutes, grunts and jackals didn't surrendered especially those who were fanatic to the Prophets continued to fight the UNSC forces.

Before the UNSC could wipe off the stragglers an armada of covenant attacked Earth once again with brute force that caught the UNSC along with the other military branches caught unaware from the event.

Many people would die if Commander Forest or Carlos intervene the assault sacrificing half of his fleet bearing the brunt of the attacked, however several covenant cruisers and battle ships will slipped through the defences and make their way towards Africa.

Heavy fighting was seen in space as the Covenant who were loyal to the prophet and the other were the seperatists fighting each other with the help of the UNSC Navy as both forces clash in to each.

As these goes on a portal appeared near earth just far away from the engagement happening throughout the Earth's atmosphere. From the portal emerge a forerunner ship moving towards earth.

"Contact, unidentified ship, non covenant what should we do sir?"

Admiral Hood was about to give an order but was stopped by Commander Forest.

"Admiral, hold your fire scanners identified friendly inside that ship." Forest then establish contact to the inhabitant within the ship.

"This is Commander Forest of the UNSC, you okay there Chief?" Much to the surprise of the Admiral and the rest of his command Chief replied.

"This is Spartan 117 reporting for duty sir."

"Good you are still alive and well Spartan, do you need a lift off if so I could send a team of-" Forest was cut off by 117.

"Negative sir I'll make my own."

"Acknowledge Spartan 117, Commander Forest out." Before Forest shook his head and smile knowing what Chief will do and ordered a team near the location where Chief would possibly landed.

Just like that Chief jumped out from the forerunner ship and heading towards Earth while using the door he ripped from the ship as cover from the heat when he entered the atmosphere.

"You sure about this?" Cortana asked in a slight worried tone as they approach the ground.

"Affirmative Cortana." Chief replied in a stoic tone.

"I have to lock the system in your armour in order to have a higher chance to survive the impact but it would reduce 90 percent of the energy shields by doing this."

"Do it."

Master Chief then felt a stiff sensation all over his body as his armour locks into place.

"Here it goes get ready. Brace for impact." Cortana warned Chief before Chief crashed into the ground making a load explosion.

Up in Space....

"He landed sadly he is in enemy territory now hopefully with his luck ,enemy patrols would ignore that blast." Forest muttered as he observe the forest where Chief landed before calling the team to locate him.

"Major how's the team that I am sending is it ready?"

"Not quite sir, unfortunately sir sorry to say these but the men under my command were having a tough time to pushing covenant loyalists on the southern edge of the city. I have no men to spare to locate Chief not to mention the large patrol of Covenant force stationed there." The Major explained.