Chapter 33

Back on Earth......

The war was over, the UNSC high command celebrated the victory over the covenant along with the separatist forces that aided them against the final battle of Truth and his remaining forces.

However all soon gone down to the drain as disaster  struck which shock the UNSC high command and all others.

Commander Forest and his battle group has been vanished, it was not long after a heavily damaged battle cruiser belong to Commander Forest exited slipspace 3 days after the UNSC victory.

A team was sent into the ship only to discover green smudges around the walls and red blood splattered, in which cause an alarm around the High Command in which promptly quarantined the ship until all infestation or blood stains from the flood was eliminated or cleanse. A group of Spartans and specialist enter the ship to retrieve the information at the bridge on what happen to Commander Forests.

After retrieving the data from the bridge the data was sent to the higher ups. Grim and sadness spread throughout the UNSC leaders as they watched Commander Forest and his fleet were being under attacked by the flood and what's worst they were surrounded by all sides and High Charity was found but filled with infestation.

They watched helplessly as they saw hundreds of men and women died bravely fighting the flood, some of the people inside the command can't stomach what they are seeing and went to the bathroom.

One by one each ships detonate as in order not to fall in the hands of the biological virus that plague the galaxy once ago. However in act of defiance they saw Commander Forests main command ship and several others aimed their ships towards the High Charity.

They saw commander Forest familiar mobile suit painted in red now leading the charge towards the High Charity as he along under his command kill whatever infected mobile suits crossed between them.

This goes on until they reach High Charity, where they saw his fleet went full thruster on their ships and slammed towards High Charity creating massive explosion on some parts of High Charity however it's still afloat despite inflicting heavy damages.

Forest's mobile suit then take no chance and grabbed his powerful particle beam cannon as he dash forward to the center of High Charity. He faced heavy opposition but with the help of his remaining mobile suit units they protect Forest from incoming attacks, all of them died bravely as they fought of the swarms of infected fighters and mobile suits.

Their were not in vain as Forest manage to get enough closer to the center of High Charity. With no hesitation he aimed his particle cannon and pulled the trigger, just in time as numerous tentacles from the High Charity was about to capture Forest's mobile suit. A massive explosion erupted at the center of High Charity and was followed soon by multiple explosions until a bright light engulf the screen in which it shut downs.

Silence and shock spread across to the command room, they have lost a competent and genius scientist that saved mankind from its extinction. It is not good day for the UNSC high command and surely along with UEG and it's people.

Days later shock and grief spread throughout all the UEG territories as the heroic death of Commander Forest was put in the live news.  A part of the video was shown live without the gruesome scene, where Forest and his forces has stopped the flood endearing the lives in the galaxy. A funeral was held at the next day to commemorate Forest actions and along with his fleet serving and protecting the UEG and it's territories.

Carlos POV

It was done I watched as my suppose death live on the news and how many people have wept, especially the Spartans I have trained. Despite the helmets obscuring their faces, the Spartans that once I have train, I felt there emotions, sadness and grief on my passing.