Chapter 25

Earth, ODP Cairo Station

Somewhere parts of the station Carlos was seen walking towards the assembly area where Master Chief, Sergeant. Johnson and the others will receive an award for their actions on Halo.

He passed several personnel which they salute at him as he passed by, Carlos respectively nod at them as he continues to stride towards the assembly area.

1 week ago after the arrival of Captain Keyes and his men on Reach, Carlos ordered his containment unit to deeply scan every individual along with the ship that they captured. Thankfully the results came negative which they were good to go.

Restoration efforts of Reach may take sometime to rebuild destroyed cities and military bases. Carlos manage to establish a connection to UNSC HQ that bought surprises to the higher ups especially Admiral Hood.

Eva manage to repel all covenant invasion on all sectors of the UNSC and manage to save most of the planets and it's people. However there are few planets that suffered from covenant bombardment that scarred the planet, it will take sometime to terra form the scarred planet.

For some time the covenant has gotten pretty silent on attacking the inner sectors, except for the skirmishes and battles on the human and covenant boarder. It unnerved UNSC higher ups and quickly ordered all fleets to double the patrol within UNSC sector.

On the covenant side, with the news of Halo destroyed it sent outraged across the sector of covenant space. The trial of Fleet Master Thel Vadam was now under way under the eyes of the hierarchs and the council.

Thel Vadam was a respectful and shrewd leader unlike his fellow Fleet Masters, Thel uses cunning at his enemies which led him numerous victories against the UNSC.

While Thel explained and reasoned his actions, it fell deaf on ears as the hierarchs reach an ultimatum to Thel as he will be strip from rank and his chest was marked by Tartarus the Mark of Shame.

Thel Vadam was put into a cell until further notice. For now Carlos Shadow Team was now watching Thel Vadam in case something happens to him.

Back on Carlos, he boarded a transit transport as he watch outside as soldiers are patrolling the ODP and engineers installing machine gun nests on choke points in case the covenant boarded the station.

Carlos looks up to see a UNSC cruiser passing along the ODP as it finishes it's patrol outside of Earth. Numerous ships was also found as they gathered all around on Earth as the covenant would likely to attack them any minute.

'I wonder what happens would be there be a difference from the original timeline or something else.' Carlos thought as he watch as the transit pass through the tunnel.

'Hmm?' Carlos looks at his communication device.

"Yes, this Commander Forest who am I speaking to."

"Cabal, commander, I am here to inform you that Thel Vadam has claimed the title Arbiter by the will of the hierarchs." Cabal spoke.

"I see, so where is he now?"

"He was sent to the Halo Installation 04 where Master Chief destroyed, interesting enough the hierarchs want to eliminate a heretic named Sesa 'Refumee who is one of your followers." Cabal spoke.

"I see, I remember him did you inform him before hand?" Carlos ask to Cabal.

"Of course, also before he end the transmission he mentions about a Forerunner AI which he met while he and his troops are securing the Gas Mine on Threshold where the Arbiter and his friends will be drop off."

"Guilty Spark was it? The one which tried to fire Halo 04."

"Yes, commander the explosion of the Pillar of Autumn didn't give significant damage to the forerunner AI or he escape before the ship explodes." Cabal concluded.