Chapter 2

𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜.

Teegan's POV

I placed my kettle on the stove as I listened to my recorded lecture for the day

I placed my kettle on the stove as I listened to my recorded lecture for the day. I was growing tired, but boards were coming up soon, and I had to teach myself something if Dr. Wyatt wasn't going to teach me anything.

" Grayson, dinner is ready, baby! " I yelled as I placed his bowl on the floor, and like magic, he appeared by my feet and began eating.. He was my little kitten fur baby, and I have never thought of him as anything else.. when my papa calls him a cat, I have to correct him at times.

I glanced over at the clock to see it was 8 PM, and I still had about 200 flashcards and four chapters due by the morning.. I pouted as the next few words of the lecture spoke..

" No one said this was going to be easy, but it's not rocket science.. "

He said, pointing to the board, and I closed the computer as I sighed. " No.. but it sure feels like it is.. " Finishing up my dinner and chamomile tea, I sat at my kitchen island reading my textbook as Grayson ate alongside me. He ended up in my lap, and I rubbed his head softly as I finished chapter 2.

Through my apartment walls, I heard a few muffled voices and the sound of thumping. It was my neighbor Mitchel. He was around 35 years old, lived alone, and was in the process of moving out. He told me some days ago, so I could only assume that was what all the commotion was about.

A few minutes later, the noise had stopped, and there was a knock at my door. I stood up with Grayson in my arms and peeked through the door as I opened it to see my Amazon package had come. I squealed softly as I stepped out and noticed the back of the doorman as he went downstairs.

" Thank you, Mr. John! " I said happily, and he gave me a slight wave as he continued down the steps. I let Grayson down to go inside as he began to fidget, and I gasped as he ran over to Mitchel's door, meowing. Picking up my package, I called him over.