Chapter 3

𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚎𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎, 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐.

Levi's POV

I sat back on my sweet Tesoro's couch as she was taking a shower for the night

I sat back on my sweet Tesoro's couch as she was taking a shower for the night. The cat kept me company as he laid on my lap, and I sighed heavily. This was unlike me.. I was supposed to be next door killing the man that owed me more than $100,000 when I was actually sitting here in a living room that belonged to a short, sexy, somewhat talkative, and intelligent woman... along with her clingy cat. I had a man to kill, dammit, and here I was obsessing over a missed text and a few crocodile tears that made me a fucking lap dog..

But I couldn't help it. Ever since she walked into that hospital room, I was fucking hooked. I knew where she was going to work for the time being, and I knew her name.. but I was determined to stay away from her.

Then when I opened the door of the man I'd almost beaten to death to see her and her furry monster just one door down, I knew I wasn't going to be able to stay away.. because I now knew her name, where she worked and lived... If that wasn't the universe telling me to stay, then it was probably my obsessiveness trying to peak through and claim her as my own.. which is why I shouldn't be here.

As if reading my mind, the cat snuggled closer into my lap as if he was forcing me to stay put, and I sighed heavily. The shower had stopped, and I heard the pitter-patter of feet throughout the bathroom.

Soon the door opened, and she walked over to the couch dressed comfortably in a pair of grey tights and a long sleeve white shirt. Her hair was in a wavy mess down her back, and her lips looked plump and red. Just looking at her was a fucking privilege..

" Sorry to ignore you, but I have a few flashcards to review. " She said, opening her school bag, and I nodded my head in understanding.. Another thing I wasn't used to. A woman who had other priorities than simply pleasing me. It pissed me off slightly, but it made me want her even more.. but I shouldn't.. couldn't pursue her. She'd run if she knew who I truly was, and I was already starting to sound a bit crazy. I had known her for less than a day as the most time we'd spent together was about 5 hours.. yet I had already mentioned to her that I would kill two people to keep her happy.. pathetic... but the thought of someone other than me making her cry pissed me off even more.