Chapter 38

𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎.

Teegan's POV

A Few Months Later

A Few Months Later

Sitting on my living room couch, I sniffled softly as Gabriella stood with Troy by the lake. Grayson roamed the floor a bit confused, but nonetheless, he comforted me occasionally.

" I gotta say what's on my mind.. Something about us.. Doesn't seem right these days." She began to sing, and I sighed heavily as I couldn't help but relate the most to her words. Levi and I haven't been the same since that night many months ago, and as if it wasn't just the blink of an eye, my graduation was tomorrow, and my move-in day was in the next month or so..

We were on okay terms, but.. he just always seemed so distant, and when I got accepted to the OB/GYN residency at Johns Hopkins last month, he was almost speechless for the rest of the evening. I could tell he was happy for me, but he wasn't happy because our separation would soon be on the rise, with a possible long-distance relationship standing between us.

" I've got to move on and be who I am.. I just don't belong here. I hope you understand. We might find a place in this world someday... But at least for now, I gotta go my own way "

My parents were over the moon with joy at my accomplishments, but my brothers haven't talked to me since that day in the hospital.. The guys, however, brought me flowers and candles to congratulate me, which definitely cheered me up.

"I'm leaving today.. 'Cause I gotta do what's best for me.. You'll be okay"

More tears came to my eyes as I realized we hadn't even talked about our relationship.. how we'd stay together, when we'd see each other.. Nothing was finalized, and my emotions felt everywhere. For a while, he'd been my safety net, and now.. now I felt quite lonely in one of the most exciting and scary moments in my life.

He didn't give me a final answer for whether or not he'd make it to my graduation, and after I brought it up over the phone the other night, he still didn't have an answer. My heart ached for us to go back to seeing one another every day, to smiling, to spending time together, and I felt hopeless.