Chapter 13

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚋𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎.

Teegan's POV

Soon, my shift in the hospital was coming to an end, and I found myself taking a quick shower in the girl's locker room

Soon, my shift in the hospital was coming to an end, and I found myself taking a quick shower in the girl's locker room. The smile on my face was huge, and I was entirely too excited for my own good. Four C-sections, three natural births, and three hours of clinic. I was happy that I learned so much in so little time, but as the day comes to an end, I would much rather not be covered in specks of blood, amniotic fluid, and hand sanitizer.

Pulling on my plaid skirt and tan sweater, I remained in my thoughts as I brushed my hair out. Strangely enough, I saw Alec working on the floor, but he didn't even spare me a glance... not that I minded. I didn't really want to deal with him or his antics today, and I am simply grateful that he wasn't going to bother me on such a busy day.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed, and I got an alert for a potential showing and report of an autopsy in the basement. I thought about skipping out on it, but I did have more than thirty minutes until Levi came to pick me up. Besides.. what better way to pass the time than looking at people who are dead... respectfully.

I made my way to the basement to see that only I and maybe another three students were interested in looking at the autopsies. Upon entering the room, I saw four bodies laid out on different beds.

" Welcome, students. Glad you could join me on such short notice! " Dr. Gordon said happily as he welcomed us into the lab. We were allowed to do our own exploring of the corpses for a short while as their reports and cause of death were outlined beside them. As we dispersed, I first glanced over a woman who had suffered from an autoimmune disease or, rather, systemic lupus erythematosus, to be technical.

But there was one that caught my eye.. one man that I'd seen in the last few days of my Emergency Medicine rotation... the man with the bleeding missing arm. I went over to his case report as Dr. Gordon walked over to me slowly.