Chapter 45

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚢.

Teegan's POV

Sitting in the cafe, I sipped on my mango smoothie as Abbie rambled about her night getting home in the snow

Sitting in the cafe, I sipped on my mango smoothie as Abbie rambled about her night getting home in the snow. In contrast to what I thought, the labor and delivery floor was slow, and not many patients showed up for the clinic.

The ER was a wreck, but they were fully staffed and only called us when there were some pregnant mamas in need of help. It was now five in the afternoon, and I was spending some quality time with the girls on our small break as we waited to be called in to help. I thought about inviting Jacob, but he was still distant and a bit standoffish ever since I told him I viewed him as a friend.

" I started a new show. " Emma said, all giddy as Abbie had ended her story of how she almost ended up in her neighbor's yard.

Before I was able to speak, Abbie rolled her eyes. " She's watching Good Girls, and she won't let me spoil it for her, " She began, and I giggled as Emma glared at her.

" You already ruined half of my favorite shows. I won't let you do it again. " She said, and Abbie tilted her head as she ignored her once again while she looked at me.

" You kinda remind me of Elizabeth, Teegs. "

" I remind you of a criminal mastermind who makes counterfeit money and moves drugs? " I asked, perplexed as Emma began laughing at my question.

" No! That's not what I mean. I mean, you kinda have your own real-life Rio. A man who knows what he wants but doesn't at the same time. And from what I've seen, he gives off a similar overall kind of vibe, you know? " She shrugged, and I thought about it for a moment. I didn't want to admit how similar the two were in terms of their "profession", but Abbie and Emma didn't know the details of Levi's work and what he's done, so I didn't ponder too much on it.

" I see where you're coming from, but I'd argue that Levi is a bit more caring than a criminal on a television show for women to fantasize about. "

" A sexy criminal. " Emma spoke as if I had missed a key detail, and I sighed as Abbie nodded in agreement.