Chapter 30

𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚢, 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚎.

Teegan's POV

I sat on the floor for probably 30 minutes

I sat on the floor for probably 30 minutes.. I felt so weak. It was pointless even to think rationally. I thought of someone potentially still being in my flat. I also wanted to call Levi to save me.. but I was numb. People may think I'm dramatic.. but it wasn't his time.. my kitty was healthy.. a tad overweight, but he liked to eat. He liked to climb out of windows. He liked to snuggle with his mama when I had my anxiety or panic attacks due to school, stress, and responsibilities.. he was there for me.. now he was gone..

I felt as though I was mentally drained. I cried this morning, and I cried this afternoon. Everything recently led to me crying, and I was tired.

Gazing down at my baby, I noticed he was peaceful..but he was probably terrified. Scared, I wasn't there to protect him.. afraid of what would happen to himself.. He was my smart little kitty.. and I felt a hole in my heart as he lay in my lap.

He was my smart little kitty.

My smart little kitty.

He was my smart little kitty.

Looking at my baby for a little while longer, I noticed something was... off. He was.. regular. My kitty, while smart, had a scar on his eyebrow because he scratched his face a while back trying to scale the apartment building from the outside.

Another thing clicked as my heart skipped a beat.. he knows to run from danger.. he knows. Placing the cat on the floor, I ran into my bedroom and turned the light on as I spoke.

" Grayson.. Baby? " I spoke as I noticed a few of my windows were opened. 

Could he have escaped? Where could he be? Am I just hallucinating? Trying to block the fact that my kitty is dead in the next room? I thought to myself, and I let out the heaviest sigh of relief as I heard a small meow from my closet.