Chapter 42

𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎, 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜.

Teegan's POV

" I'm here to see you, Tesoro

" I'm here to see you, Tesoro.. " He spoke, and I had to hold back the scoff that wanted to surface.

" Here to see me.. " I muttered, placing my bags down and slipping my shoes off. " What for? " I asked, my hands beginning to feel more clammy as my heart pounded in my chest. I had to do my best to avoid eye contact as he stepped a bit closer.

" I missed you.. " He spoke, and I crossed my arms.

" That's not a valid reason. "

" And why is that? " He asked.

" Because you broke up with me on the day of my graduation and didn't bother contacting me since. "

" That doesn't mean I don't miss you.. " He muttered, and I shook my head as I walked over to him and slowly grabbed my kitty from his hold. I ignored the urge to jump into his arms as I pulled away from his intoxicating scent and walked over to my bedroom with Grayson still sound asleep. Placing him on the bed, I made my way back out into the living room to be faced with the man once again.

" What do you want, Levi? " I asked, and he furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he spoke.

" I already told you- "

" No, Levi. Why are you here? Why are you in my apartment? Why were you holding my cat? What do you want from me? " I asked, feeling my emotions beginning to spiral, and he sighed.

" I don't want anything from you, Tesoro.. I just want you. "

" Are you even listening to yourself!? " I asked, feeling as though he couldn't understand me. " You broke up with me, Levi. You don't get to decide when you want me or not. " I argued, and he tilted his head slightly.

" And you think what I did was a decision I wanted to make? "

" Whether it was or not, it was a decision you still made in the end. "