Chapter 26

𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎...

Levi's POV

Walking through the ancient ruins, I could tell our dynamic had changed just by the distance she decided to stay from me

Walking through the ancient ruins, I could tell our dynamic had changed just by the distance she decided to stay from me. Granted.. I could have approached the situation better, but I didn't. And there was nothing I could do to reverse what I did.

She sat on a bench and crossed her arms as she crossed her legs as well. I watched her as her face remained emotionless. She stared blankly out into the open, and I walked over to her slowly as I placed my hands in my pockets.

" Tesoro.. " I muttered, and she didn't say anything. I continued looking down at her, and she took in a deep breath before speaking.

" I wasn't afraid of you before. " She said without a stutter, and I clenched my jaw as she continued.

" I knew you were manipulative and controlling, but you didn't scare me. Now.. I don't know what to think. " She whispered.

" Teegan. " I spoke, and she looked over at me.

" Do you have any idea how the psychological detriment of making a person feel like they're being manipulated or lied to can affect their mental health? For the person, you have grown to trust and be vulnerable towards to be entirely different? Or feeling guilty for subconsciously knowing they were a part of a crime and lying to yourself or others because you don't want it to be true? And for you to physically force me to accept this.. like I wasn't supposed to try to run away from a man who has done the unthinkable while making me feel like he's a saint. I'm not sitting here with you because I accepted and forgot. I am sitting here because I am terrified of what you can do and what you are capable of. " She said, and I felt.. indifferent... Almost like I broke her.

Mi Tesoro... the bubbly, talkative, happy girl I knew, looked empty, distraught, and fearful. Her eyes held pure outrage toward me, and I felt angry. Angry that she was being so difficult. Angry that she couldn't see that I did what I had to do to keep her safe.. when it came to the boy. Angry that she was too fucking nosey trying to figure out who I am and what I've done.