Chapter 19

𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖.. 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚍 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛....

 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚍 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

Teegan's POV

Walking out of class, Beverly and I chatted as we headed to the library

Walking out of class, Beverly and I chatted as we headed to the library. I hadn't genuinely spoken to her in a while, as she seemed a bit off lately. Ever since I introduced her to Levi.. she's been distant. I didn't question her much, but it was a bit odd. She knew she was my only buddy-buddy friend. However, she just ignored me. When she invited me to the library, I was surprised, but I accepted. Upon entering, we found a seat in the back, and I settled in beside her, only to realize I had to use the bathroom.

" Bevs, I'll be back. I have to use the bathroom. " I muttered, and she chuckled.

" One of the many perks of drinking a gallon of water daily, huh? " She teased and I shooed her away as I decided to use the bathroom outside of the library in the lobby of our medical school. After doing my business, I stepped out and froze as I heard two familiar voices.

" Word about this does not get out. Conduct your search silently and do it fast. "

" Sir.. We still haven't been able to locate his whereabouts or any other clues related to his case. "

My eyes widened as I realized it was Dr. Harrison and Theodore Hunt. They were talking about a disappearance? Peaking out of the bathroom, I realized they were right in the direction I needed to go, and I would be spotted if I left the bathroom. Pulling the door closed, I continued to listen.

" Fucking find something. Because all I have is pictures of his swollen face, a request of $750,000, and demands to drop half of my connections to medical schools and hospitals in this entire northeast region. "