Chapter 50

𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝, 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎. 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚍.

 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚍

Teegan's POV

" Patient presents with early signs of gestational diabetes with an abnormally high blood sugar level

" Patient presents with early signs of gestational diabetes with an abnormally high blood sugar level. Her excessive amniotic fluid raises questions about potential polyhydramnios. She will be monitored overnight as per Dr. Linda's request. Will update when more information becomes available. " I spoke into the mic as I watched the words populate in her online chart. Once I finished, I continued on to my other assignments until I received a message from Levi.

Opening it, I tilted my head as I did my best to hide my growing smile.

Levi: Would you like to get some ice cream after your shift?

Me: If I remember correctly, Mr. Amante, you're not the biggest fan of ice cream.

Levi: You'd be absolutely correct. I am not a fan of flavored frozen milk, especially with all of the unnecessary toppings you get.. but you like it, Tesoro.. So therefore I love it.

Me: For the record, the toppings are very much necessary.

Levi: Tell your patients the same, then get back to me. You are supposed to be living by example, Dr. Monroe. No breaking the rules.

Me: You and I both know some rules are made to be broken.

I sent the last message and heard my pager go off, indicating I was needed in the ER. Signing out of my computer, I placed my phone in my pocket and quickly went over to the room that needed my assistance. It wasn't too bad of a case. The woman I had to assist was experiencing severe back pain and was only four months pregnant.

After ordering more tests and doing a few physical exams on her body, it looked to be some mild compression along her spine that blocked some of the cerebral spinal fluid. It would take her some time to recover, and she would need close monitoring of her pregnancy, too.