Chapter 52

𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎.

Teegan's POV

Still holding a worried and frightened Grayson in my arms, I stared blankly at Declan

Still holding a worried and frightened Grayson in my arms, I stared blankly at Declan. It had been two years, and just like Dakota, Declan didn't look much different. He still held the careless look in his eyes, as well as the dangerous aura that seemed to haunt our family..

" I'd think I'd at least get a hug.. Considering you haven't seen me in so long.. " He shrugged, and his eyes looked down at my little trembling kitty in my arms before they met mine again.

" What are you doing here? " I whispered, and he shrugged.

" I may be absent from your lives, but I still very much live here.. more than you, it seems. At least I have the decency to visit home more than twice a year. And I surely don't bring home the ex that I've been fucking again.. No, that's something only you have the guts to do. "

He said rudely, and tears immediately sprung to my eyes as he tilted his head.

" Oh, that's right.. you probably thought I'd come home and apologize just like our older brother, huh? He's been thinking about this for the last three months and only now finally made his move to give you his shitty apology. I guess I shouldn't have expected much. He's always been a little bitch- "

" Don't talk about him like that. " I seethed while my tears fell, and he paused as he looked at me for a short while.

" Looks like someone finally decided to grow a backbone. "

" I didn't decide to grow anything. If all you are going to do is belittle me or Dakota, then why don't you just leave? "

" I can see why you'd want me to leave. It's all you were ever capable of doing. "

"That is not true. " 

" Not fucking true? Who the hell ran away to medical school because she thought she was too good for our family? Who ran away from her own brothers when she decided four fucked up and dangerous men should take our place- "