Chapter 21

𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜, 𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜...

Teegan's POV

Going over to the salad bar, I looked at the options before me as Beverly picked up a yogurt parfait

Going over to the salad bar, I looked at the options before me as Beverly picked up a yogurt parfait. Hospital food wasn't always the worst, but... we all have our good and bad days.. today was, unfortunately, one of those days, and I felt stuck with a salad and a bowl of fruit for lunch.

" How has your OB/GYN rotation been so far? " She asked as we sat in the sitting area of the cafeteria, and I sighed.

" Fun and stressful.. kinda sad it'll be over in the next week or so.. " I muttered, and she nodded.

" Haven't heard from Alec lately, huh? " She asked, and I felt my heart skip a beat as vivid memories from just a few days ago tried to resurface.

" No.. still haven't " She nodded, and we continued making a bit of small talk as we finished our lunches. I still had a reasonable amount of time before returning to the clinic, and Beverly was almost done with her break when miraculously-

" You're attention, please, level 2 trauma alert, ETA now. You're attention, please, level 2 trauma alert, ETA now. " We heard over the loudspeaker, and Beverly looked over to me and whined.

" Come with, please.. I don't want to get yelled at by the trauma surgeon without some emotional support to back me up.. " She pouted, and I laughed as I nodded. We quickly stood up and went over to the trauma bay. Upon entering, as usual, it was highly chaotic, and I did my best to stay in the corner as Beverly stood by the foot of the bed, waiting for any instruction.

It looked to be a woman in her mid-forties who suffered from a seizure, ultimately causing her to fall down the steps, leaving her arm broken and her neck unstable. She was having trouble breathing, and the attending quickly performed a tracheostomy with his residents after ordering Beverly to help stabilize the woman's head. Afterward, she was put in a neck brace, and eventually, the orthopedic resident helped reset her bones that were out of place.