Chapter 56

𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚞𝚙 𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚔. 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛... 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚕𝚢.

 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚕𝚢

Teegan's POV

Waking up on Levi's couch in his office, I rubbed my eyes softly as they adjusted to the light

Waking up on Levi's couch in his office, I rubbed my eyes softly as they adjusted to the light. The only light in the room was from the lap on his desk that illuminated his broad figure sitting in the chair. He looked over at me as he toyed with one of the rings on his fingers and beckoned me over with his other hand. Standing up slowly from the couch, I approached his desk slowly, his eyes darkening slightly as he gazed at me. After I rounded his desk, he pulled me over gently, allowing me to sit on his lap comfortably.

" How did you sleep, Tesoro? " He asked, and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

" Fine.. " I whispered, and he hummed, his hand running up and down my leg softly.

" I hope I wasn't too rough with you. " He whispered, and I shook my head.

" No.. it was perfect.. " I replied honestly, and he placed a small kiss on my head.

" You're perfect. " He muttered, and my eyes glanced over to the closed basement door. My face flushed at the memories of just a few hours ago, and my heart raced slightly as I thought of whether Jacob was alive. I wasn't sure how Levi would have handled the situation, and for some reason, I didn't want to know. Looking back over to him, I watched as one of his hands leaned over slightly to grab the envelope on the desk. 

" I have something for you.. " He continued, and my heart fluttered as he handed it to me. He held me closer to him as I looked down at it.

" Open it.. " He whispered, and slowly but surely, I tore open the flap and pulled out the letter. Glancing down at the folded paper, I opened it slowly and read the page. A few seconds had gone by.. then a minute... then most likely ten. Levi didn't say anything as he simply watched me. Waiting for me to speak when I was ready. But what could I say? What could I say when the paper I read was an invoice for my largest loan?