Chapter 29: Find Him

"You were a friend
Veil torn, now I'm seeing your lies
Full of demise."

- Tommee Profitt ft. Beacon Light & Sam Tinnesz, Enemy

***

Chapter 29: Find Him

My eyes burned and my body did as well as I woke up.

It all made sense with the large amount of sunlight coming in from the drapes as well as the heavy body of a man laying beside me.

Despite feeling like shit, I almost giggled at how adorable he looked. Angelo's hair was disheveled (probably from running his hands through it too many times to count). His body was too large to fit beside me on the couch so he was a length of a hair away from falling on the ground. I didn't know how he defied the physics of it all to stay here the entire night.

My throat felt groggy and I wanted to pee but I was stuck staring at the man before me.

Suddenly, all the events of yesterday came rushing back to my head.

My conversation with Genie, the room, seeing her...

For those reasons and more, as I looked at the contours of his chiseled face I could help but to think he was a beautiful tragedy.

He made the boundaries of a facade and the truth become more blurred than ever.

It scared me.

Should I even trust him?

I didn't think I wanted to anymore.

All my doubts came clawing at me, my insecurities screaming at me that I was right for not being anyone special.

Maybe all I had ever been to him was a form of entertainment...a little plaything perhaps?

Elisabetta did insinuate that much.

Was what happened even real?

Was that all an illusion of my own thoughts and misconceptions?

But it had to have been.

It explained so much.

Yet so little.

I felt stung by her words and I couldn't bring myself to look at Angelo the same.

Not even as he stared at me with relieved silver eyes at my consciousness.

"You're awake." He exhaled happily.

I hummed a response.

One, because I was beat and the other reason being I didn't know if I wanted to talk to him after everything I had heard.

"Manipulative", she had said.

That was the person Angelo was in her eyes?

Just what had happened to them for their love story to have gone sour like that?

And was I also going to be a victim of whatever malicious intent he had for me in the name of love?

If that was the case, he could keep his stinking love.

I didn't want it at that price.

Speaking of which, Genie was yet to tell me the person I had to pay for finding a different route to regaining my memories.

Now, it wasn't an option.

I had to get them back.

No, I must!