Chapter 7: Crazy = Genius

"He's fucking insane I tell you! Out of this world crazy!" I yelled at Genie while throwing the bag of popcorn into her awaiting arms. She cradled it like a baby and I would've rolled my eyes at her if I wasn't already so preoccupied spilling my guts about a certain hottie.

"You're acting as if everybody ain't a little messed up in the head." She snorted as she stuffed her mouth with the midnight snack.

We were gathered at my apartment for a girl's night and I couldn't help myself, letting my encounter with Angelo slip. It had been five days since our meeting—not that I was keeping count—but I still remembered every detail of it as it had been yesterday.

"Yeah, no. There's an acceptable limit of craziness. This guy is Lindsay Lohan level."

"Before or after rehab?"

"Both?"

Genie cackled at my indecision towards such a topic.

"I'm serious though. He's hot as hell. At first, I thought what wouldn't I give to have you in my bed tonight but after his little episode I decided I've had my fair share of mysterious men."

"Are you talking about Parker? Your ex isn't messed up in the head. He's just a selfish asshole who dragged you around for years, knowing that he had an attraction to the same sex but was too much of a pussy to admit it."

"I can't even condemn him for being confused about his sexuality because that makes me so inconsiderate, but goddamnit we dated for three years. You're telling me during all that sex he couldn't figure out there was something wrong?"

Genie shook her head with a scowl. "Something wrong with him, not you."

"Of course. I'm great in bed." I teasingly wriggled my eyebrows at her.

"Too much information." She blanched before taking a sip of her diet coke.

"Parker tip-toed around me for months after confirming that he's gay. To the point where I thought he was cheating on me. How clueless you were, Isabelle." I tsked at myself before digging into the ice-cream tub, my frustration clear with the force of the act.

"Now I don't want a guy who lives that way. In his own little world of secrets. My heart can't possibly take that again after all I've been through. I was so lost for Parker that I refused to see the truth in the situation. Now, I know what I want. When I decide to start something new I want that person to be willing to leave himself completely bare to me. If it's to the degree of it being as much with his mind as he would his body then that'll be even better."

My best friend choked beside me. "You're such a slut."

"I refuse to accept such a title. Come back to me when I'm getting laid that many times to be deserving of it."

She threw her head back laughing.

"My condolences."

"You're one to talk. Between the two of us, you're the one who's taken but it seems like you get laid just as often as I do."

Genie blanched, most likely realizing the truth to my words. "Fuck off."

I laughed at her misery.

"Eric is a sweetheart," I said, referring to her boyfriend. "If only you could be a little more emotionally invested then you wouldn't get shit for forgetting important events such as your two year anniversary."

"It's not like I don't try. I do, it's just that I'm always so caught up in my work that I hardly have any time for him."

"Just like you can make time to hang out with me, you can find time to entertain your boyfriend. It's not like he's not deserving of it."