Chapter 1: Silver Eyes

"It's not my fault that I have homosexual tendencies when I'm drunk!"

Leaning against the bar, I set down my black purse as my eyes narrowed onto my best friend. The agitation I felt doubled at her silly excuse. Because of it, my leg stretched out to kick her with the red bottom heel strapped around it.

"Ouch!"

I intentionally broke eye contact with her as the people around started giving us weird glances.

Tucking a stray strand of my brunette hair behind my ear with an innocent look, I pretended as if I didn't know the crazy girl.

The bartender smiled at the two of us seductively as he slid the drinks we had ordered towards us. My reaction clearly disappointed him as I sipped on the exotic beverage and paid him no mind, focusing my gaze on its unique shade.

I choked when a hand jabbed into my side, making me spit the alcohol out of my mouth and onto the counter.

Blatantly annoyed by rejection and salivary contents he'd have to now clean up, the same bartender rolled his eyes with a not-so-low, "Fuck my life."

My blue eyes were aflame as I regarded Genie with a scowl etched onto my features.

She flinched at the intensity of my stare.

"First you grope an innocent woman on the dance floor and now you're the cause of bacterial distribution? What else are you capable of Genie Howard?"

The short-haired woman that was the size of a dwarf blushed a deep red as she struggled to find the right words. Genie was a tiny little thing. She was only five-four, taking after her Puerto Rican mother instead of being tall like her black father. Derived from a unique blend, she was gorgeous with her brown sugar complexion and big almond shaped eyes.

"I already told you that I was tipsy! My brain can't function properly when hot people are around me—no matter their gender. It doesn't come as much of a surprise when my hands get a mind of their own."

"Still doesn't justify you grabbing the shit of her," I whispered harshly. "If you're that sexually deprived, then go home and make up with your damn boyfriend. Did you see the look on that poor girl's face? She looked absolutely scarred. Must have been a newbie. Imagine that. Her first time here and she gets sexually harassed."

Genie looked down into her lap, like a child after being scolded by her parent for doing something bad.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled pathetically.

"It's not me who you should be apologizing to."

Her eyes found mine in disbelief as she got what I was getting at. "Are you serious?"

"More than a judge."

The tiny woman audibly groaned in frustration before hopping off the stool. It was almost as tall as her for Christ's sake. She looked in the direction of the dance floor which had been flashing multi-coloured lights for the past hour.

"I'll be back in a sec."

"Please."

She rolled her eyes at my attitude towards her drunken mistake before storming off to find the girl from earlier.

My hands gladly found back my glass and continued with my drink.

Unlike somebody, I wasn't a total lightweight.

"Are you always such a good girl?"

My attention shifted to the deep voice which spoke from beside of me.