Chapter 11: Murphy's Law

Murphy's Eighth Law stated that 'if everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something'.

I didn't know the true meaning of that until I stumbled upon the man before me who was being introduced as my new superior.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

My boss' mouth twisted in an unflattering manner at my unfiltered words. "Miss Crew, mind your language."

"I'm sorry," I squeaked out the apology, mentally chastising myself for letting my instinct win over my rationality.

"But why is he here, sir?" I asked my boss who was an overweight fifty plus year old man who had the tendency of letting his gaze linger on me for far too long.

He was caught up doing the same thing right then, his eyes memorizing the shape of my lips and I couldn't help but cringe.

"Mr. Gomez." I called for his attention in a higher pitch and was successful in doing so when he blinked rapidly. His disgusting gaze met mine before he introduced the main culprit of today.

I hadn't seen the gorgeous man in a while, with the exception of the sinful dream I had about him at the beginning of the week.

It was a new week.

So, that meant I hadn't have the misfortune of coincidentally bumping into him somewhere since then.

For some reason, my subconscious has been telling me it's only a matter of time whenever I thought about seeing those bright eyes of his again.

And as we stood, face to face, him sporting the most shameless look on his face at blatantly stalking me, I realized that it was right.

I had asked myself time and time again why I didn't have the courage to call the cops whenever he showed up and get a restraining order against him if possible. However, any thoughts of that disappeared into mid air anytime I had the privilege of staring at his face. It almost seemed unworthy of me to an extent to be able to gaze at him, and from the repeated glances my boss gave him, that had surely been the case for him as well.

See? Regardless of one's gender he was universally irresistible.

"Miss Crew, this is the new director of the entertainment column, Mr. Moretti. He'll be your new supervisor."

With a formal hand held out towards me, 'Mr. Moretti' flashed me a courteous smile, "It's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Ms. Crew. I've heard many things about you."

Mr. Gomez's eyebrows raised. "Oh really?"

"Yes, I heard around that she's exceptionally good at her job, especially her oral skills."

My mouth dropped open at the sexual connotations that was laced with.

My boss coughed at his open analysis of me from head to toe. An unsettled expression painted his face before he stood between the two of us, a forced smile gripping lips. "That's great. All good things then. I think you two will get along fine. Miss Crew," My head turned to regard him quietly. "I have something to discuss with you. Could you please follow me to my office?"

I nodded and followed behind the man.

Even though I willed myself not to turn around and look, I couldn't help it and took a peek at Angelo.

Yup, definitely Angelo.

He didn't have his usual silver eyes but the brown pair he sported watched me go from the same spot with an unreadable face.