The event of the year

Once again I am staring at my reflection in the mirror, this time to admire the work one of the servants had done. She had dressed me in a corset type dress at the top, the bottom was a golden silk fabric that flowed down the rest of my body.

The makeup I wore was very light, Khol eyeliner to emphasize my emerald eyes and mascara to enhance my dark lashes. Other than a dap of lip gloss I was completely free of makeup.

My hair was braided away from my face, The rest of it left down in natural dark curls. I smiled, pleased with my apperance. Many other Royal bloodlines would be in attendance.

I can hear the party downstairs, I take deep breaths trying to soothe my racing nerves.

"Stunning," Andris's deep voice calls from behind me.

"My little hybrid, is certainly beautiful, isn't she?"

Andris asks the servant next to him, smugly. Almost as if he is bragging.

"Yes she is, my lord"The servent agrees.

He politely leaves, heading down to tend for the ballroom party.

our eyes meet in the mirror his dark orbs examinig me with conviction attempting to take in every detail of my figure, every bloody detail.

I cough lightly, breaking him out of his haze.

Silently Andris offers me his arm, looping my own around it I feel his muscle aganist my skin. All tense and amazing.

"Have you supplied yourself efficently?" Andris asks his voice lowered for only me to here.

"Yes," I answer quitely, shame burning into me.

Without another word, Andris leads me down the stairs. At that moment the party seemingly stops. They all stare, with pride or jealousy.

I feel there eyes on me, judging me, it's like a thorn stuck deep into my side.

I sneak secreative glances at Andris, I remember how out of place he looked in that broken down neighborhood. Now I understand why, Andris belongs here, he was made to be a king.

I watch him, the calm apperance his head held high.

After we desend the stairs the party continues as it did before.

Some stare at Andris like he is a God, others are too afraid to set aside a slight glance. A women walks over confidently, she is beautiful, but nothing completely out of the ordinary.

"Andris," she purrs seductively. Part of me knows I should be jealous of the interaction, but I can't force myself to be. You see I am not the jealous type, either you want me or not.

Andris barely looks at her," Miranda".

She stares up at him," yes".

"I would like you to meet my mate".

The words Andris said so casually, affected her. She looks like someone shoved a stake in her heart. Her eyes flash to me, dangerously. I raise one eyebrow, as to say 'you really want to do that?'.

She looks away.

The girl named Miranda excuses herself,"Girlfriend?" I ask Andris.

"No, she's convinced herself I was her mate...after we..." He paused looking at me, waiting for my reaction.

"After you had sex?"

"Yes"

The words don't really affect me, saying it did would make me a hypocrite considering I'm not a virgin myself.

"Okay"

Andris stares at me in shock.

"You're not mad?"

"I'm not excatly a virgin either, plus we didn't know each other so it dosen't really matter," I respond reaching for a flute of champange.

"You're kidding right?"

I look at him, only then I notice the unalduterated fury rolling off him, in waves hitting me repeatdly. His jaw tightened, his body tense.

"What's wrong?"

He dosen't respond," Who?"

"Who, what?"

"Who took your virginity?"

Is he seriously getting mad at me because of this?

"That's none of your business"

His face becomes an unemotional mask. He seems deep in thought, before he sighs.

"You're right, I have no right to judge you based on things that happened in the past...I apologize" He stares at me unemotionally. I blink.

"It's fine," I say calmly watching him. He nods slightly before muttering a soft goodbye and retreating into the mounds of people surrounding us.

I sigh, men and their jealousy.

I feel strangely alone at this party, since Andris left. Someone taps my shoulder causing a buzzing sensation, turning around I am met with a handsome blonde man. He is beautiful. I stare at him uncomfortable long.

Normally I wouldn't associate beauty wih a man, but I mean this man is. He has the lightest blue eyes with a silver ring surrounding them. Thick dark eyelashes that surround them, making his eyes stand out even more.

Pale skin, that seems to be surrounded with a certain glow.

While Andris looks more rugged, this man looks more gentle.

My heart races uncotrollably fast, he stares at me in awe.

"Mate?"