missing

I've read the whole stupid book after cleansing my hands to the point of them turning wrinkly the only thing that stood out was this thing called a protector.

The book said a protector, is basically invinsible but only when someone they care about is in danger otherwise they can be defenseless. Also that a protector has nothing to do with species, it has to do with the person you are.

It only stood out to me, because it talked about the protector having a primal underlining feeling of the need to protect along when someone you care about is in danger.

Another thing that unnerves me is the whole demon thing, why would a powerful demon want anything to do with me, unless I was a protector. The book stated Protectors were endangered becasue other species often fought over them. Everyone wanted a protector on there side.

If that's what the demon wanted why mark me with some tracking spell? Unless maybe he wanted me to lead him somewhere, some place he didn't know but I did or maybe someone.

Maybe...going on a limb here, maybe my twin is also a protector, that would explain the things my father told me, about him saving me. Just maybe my brother got in some trouble with a demon but escaped somehow and the demon can't find him, so they decided they would use me to find him for them.

Or, my father is part demon, maybe it's one of his old enemies.

This is strange, and why did the angel of death wait until now to tell me she knew where my brother is? Why not tell me earlier? Rubbing my forehead as I chew on my nails. I'm missing something...something is missing. Not just information either.

I need Elijah to take me to my father, and then contact that Angel of death. I also need to do some research over the mark that was on Jace's neck. The skin around it looked infected, like the mark had been burned into his skin.

SIghing I look over at the guy standing in the corner, I think his name was Liam. Andris has been on edge he dosen't want me alone at all. Apperantly body guards is the way to go.

Using my mind I focus on Elijah's energy silently calling him through the bond. In a matter of seconds Elijah was in Andris's room.

"Hey Lijah can you take me...to were dad is?" I asked I don't know the name of that place.

He nods, pulling me closer to him. I'm enveloped in the warmth I always feel around him. When I open my eyes I am standing in front of my father. My father nodds at Elijah, silently telling him to leave.

Elijah complies leaving me and my father alone,"Hey I read the book."

My father eyes round out as he stares at me,"Did you? DId anything stand out to you?"

"Well this thing called a protector did...but I'm not really sure about that."

My fathers smile broadened,"I knew you and your brother were one, you both carried the characteristics of a Protector."

"Why didn't you just tell me that?" I asked frowning slightly.

"I wanted you to make the connection yourself, there was a chance I was wrong, but this proved me right." My father said a gentle smile on his face.

"Any news on my brother?" I asked staring up at him.

"We have some leads...but none of them are soild,"My father claimed his light emerald eyes sparkling with pride as he stared at me.

"Oh....well I'm just going to go..."

After calling Elijah we leave and head back home. I crawled into Elijah's arms resting my head on his chest. The warmth radating off him lulling me to sleep.

"I love you Addaelynn."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UNKNOWN POV.

She's so much stronger than her brother, I can feel it. It was too easy distracting her with the pathetic vampire Jace, that's all he really was. Her brother is much smarter than I anticipated, he has a protection promise on her.

What I really needed from her was that hairbrush she owned on her dresser, she's a smart girl so she will figure out it's missing. She just won't make any connections.

Any attacks on her wellbeing and he will appear, I may be powerful, but I know it's almost impossible beating a protector.

If things play out the way I plan, the only one hurting her well being would be Andris, the fool so blinded by his anger towards demons he won't be able to control himself.

It's fun being the puppet master, pulling all the strings to make thins go down exactly the way I want it to. If things happen the way I want them too, her whole life will be in a fucking uproar.