P. 32 { Boyfriend Things}

"So you and Namjoon are dating?"

"Yes. Officially."

"So what were you doing before?"

"Just hanging."

"Hmm," my mom folded her arms, furrowing her brow in thought. “And he knows about this?”

I chuckle out an “Of course, mom. It’s a mutual agreement.”

“And you’ll be doing this…in public?” I don’t know why this is unbelievable to her. SHe practically pushed me on the man every chance she got.

Huffing I answer, “Yes, mom.”

She sits for a bit longer, processing, I suppose.

“And what about the mutt bi-…umm…the other girl? The one you got into that fight with? Is she still around?”

“No. ANd I better not catch her anywhere near Namjoon or they both are getting it.” My mom told me a long time ago, fight the one you’re fucking. And although Namjoon and I aren’t having sex, if I even hear Sun-mi was in the vicinity, he’d better run. 

“That’s my girl,” my mom says with a smile. “Welp,” she slapped her hands on her thighs before standing from my bed. “I guess I will leave and let you get ready for your…date.” 

“Thanks, mom,” I waved, glad that she was finally leaving. We both heard a knock on the door and I was pretty sure I was running late. 

“I’ll get it,” she said and headed out the door. Hearing Namjoon’s voice, I quickly stripped out my robe. Pulling the towel from around my still wet hair, I quickly dried as much as I could before sitting on my bed and slathering myself with lotion. At my dresser, I pulled out my undergarments, some light blue shorts and a pink tank top and slid them on. I thought of putting on my sandals but as I had no idea where we were going, I decided to go with my converses. 

Looking myself over in the mirror, I looked casual enough. Nothing fancy, as he had told me. My hair still damp, I pulled it back in a loose bun and sprayed on a bit of perfume. Grabbing a necklace, I hooked it around my neck and headed out the door. Namjoon and my mom were still conversing in the living room, a smile on his face and an all out cackle from her. 

He turned to see me approaching, making my mother turn as well. 

“Hey,” his voice sounding jovial but his features, more predatory.

“Hey,” I say back knowing my mom is watching our every interaction. 

“I can’t believe this is happening.”

“Mom!”

“I know, i know,” she throws her hands up. “You two kids go on and get this dating thing started. Have fun,” she practically pushes me out the door. Namjoon and I get through the threshold and down the steps before she decided to take a quick quip at us.

“Just know that, even though you two are now officially dating, bedroom trips in the middle of the night are still officially prohibited.”

😭

“Oh, god, that was embarrassing,” I cover my face as we walk up the street, away from my mom. I turn to see her still standing on the porch, leaning on a post, watching us walk away. 

“It’s okay,” Namjoon says beside me. “I kinda deserved that.”

“Anyway, where are we going,” I quickly change the subject, my mother not a topic I want to start our first official date on.

“It’s my safe haven. A place I go to when I want to get away from everyone and all the BS,” he smiles wickedly.

I laugh and slightly lean into him. “Are you kidnapping me? Taking me somewhere you can have me all to yourself?”