P. 34 {Seeing Stars}

I probably should have been a bit persistent when I asked ‘how high?,’ as now my stomach was doing backflips looking at the hot air balloon Namjoon was leading me to.

“It’s not that bad,” Namjoon laughed at me while dragging me closer. “Come on. You’ll love it.”

I dug my toes into the still dew-covered grass so deep, Namjoon’s pull actually tipped me forward and, suddenly, I was falling onto my face. I knew I was a goner as I fell in slow motion, realizing the only person there to save me from this horrifically embarrassing moment was simultaneously the clumsiest person on the planet and the last person I wanted to faceplant in front of.

As my body slowly toppled forward, I watched as Namjoon’s outstretched hands were nowhere in the vicinity of catching me. I settled on just closing my eyes and waiting for the flood of pain and embarrassment.

Surprisingly, however, I was suddenly yanked back up into an upright position. Turning to thank my savior, I found Yoongi, with an amused smirk on his face and the back of my shirt still in his grasp. 

“You’ve got to be a bit more careful, (Y/N). If you’re already stumbling and falling while we’re on the ground, what will you do when we’re 20,000 feet in the air?”

I heard a not so well hidden snicker from behind me and sent a very purposeful death threat from my eyes to its owner. Hearing another chuckle from the opposite direction, I turn to see Sowan creeping up behind Yoongi, still smiling before her eyes take in the humongous balloon towering up ahead. Immediately, her face falls and fear overcomes her. Yeah. I know this bitch ain’t trying to get on this ride either. Although I’m happy to see my bestfriend and her boo thang, I quickly turn back to give Namjoon a rebuttal to this surprise attack.

“Just because you pulled Yoongi and Sow into this insane plan does not mean I’m getting my fine ass in this contraption,” I yell at him as I walk backwards towards Sow, who is also, by the way, backing further out of the field we are in.

“Yeah, I didn’t sign up for this shit Yoongi. And I know I might regret saying this later, but You got me fucked up,” Sow cosigns with me.

Namjoon swipes his thumb across his lips and gives me a sexy guilt ridden expression.

“You’re really gonna let me go up here all by myself? Me, who could so easily trip over an electron. You must want to hear me screaming for my life as I fall helplessly to the ground when I was only trying to wave at you from the sky? Do you want to see my death, (Y/N?)”

This sexy fucker was trying it!

“No,” I yelled back across the distance I had made between us. “But I also don’t want to see mine.”

“All you’ve got to do is hold on to me tight. I thought you trusted me,” he pretended to be insulted.

I gave Sow a side glance of disbelief before countering, “I trust gravity. She’s a real bitch that never goes back on her word. What she say, Sow?”

My best friend immediately picked up on the intake. “She say what goes up, must come down and the bitch ain’t neva lied.”

Suddenly, Yoongi’s voice was booming across the field.

“Lee Sowan. Are you sure it is I who have you fucked up? Or do you quite possibly know that it is the other way around?”

I felt Sowan stiffen beside me and I knew I had lost my back-up. Even though she tried to save face and huff a bit, whatever Yoongi had non-verbally threatened her with had her walking slowly back to the two men waiting not so patiently by the hot air balloon. As she walked past me she mumbled, “Come on, bitch. Don’t make me do this alone.”