Part 56: The beggining of the end

Yumi: So, is this a nice bath?

Fubuki: Indeed.

Yumi: It's really warm huh?

Fubuki: Indeed.

Yumi: *Looks at the horizon* The sky is so pretty today, isn't it?

Fubuki: Indeed.

Yumi: ... *Recalls something*

Fubuki: *Smiles* Yes. We did this before. When we were just children.

Yumi: Yeah. I forgot it happened but now I remember it clearly.

*Silence fills the area*

Fubuki: My father was a Shinobi, my mother a Yōma. My family, isn't exactly normal. You may have learnt this from your sensei but there are Yōma who have feelings the same way a human would.

Yumi: Yes.

Fubuki: And with this feelings comes love. Rasetsu is strange. Isn't love a common emotion?

Yumi: Yes.

Fubuki: I was born into this world because my parents loved each other. And yet, our story wasn't meant to end happily ever after. My mother was strong and was said to be the ultimate Yōma. Eventually, the Shinobi gave up any hope of defeating her. Until one day, they used Fuma Korin on her. If you have been sealed by that technique you have no hope of returning to the human world.

Yumi: Wait, so you mean they sealed your mother and now you can't see her anymore?

Fubuki: *Stands up* Yes. They took my mother from me. And that's when grandfather Kurokage decided to take me in. It wasn't for very long but, while we were together we were like sisters. Not that it matters. As long as you walk the path of the Shinobi there's no hope in the two of us becoming friends.

Reed & Roy POV: We just wanted a bath and now we get bombed with lore. This is not our realm to watch. *Walks away*

Yumi: But Fubuki I...

Fubuki: The Shinobi slaughtered the Yōma indiscriminately and they are the ones who tore my mother away from me. *Walks away*

Yumi: *Stands up* Does it have to be this way!? Do we really have no choice but to fight!?

Fubuki: Prepare yourself. It's either the Yōma, or the Shinobi who will die. This will be the only ending this story will have. We're evil so we must be defeated. Those are the words you told me.

*Timeskip*

Yumi: *Looking down at the stream*

Asuka: Yumi. I just came to tell you the dinners ready. And that we may need some help.

Yumi: ...

Asuka: Is there something bothering you?

Yumi: I saw Fubuki and she told me everything.

Asuka: I see.

Yumi: I think I understand now. That's why you tried to seal the Yōma isn't it?

Asuka: After I met Fubuki I decided it was wrong to kill them. But that's also against our orders. Infact I'll probably get expelled for this.

Reed: Hey, I heard what you were talking about and I wanna give you my insights. This is purely opinion based, but, sometimes, you have to break the rules to deliver true justice. Doesn't matter. But come on, the food is getting cold.

Asuka: Oh yeah.

Yumi: Right. Sorry.

*In another location*