Six

Sofia

" Miss Novikov, dinner is ready." Allison says as she peaks out of the door.

" I'm not hungry." I mumble as I look out of the window at the rain. It had been raining nonstop all day, the sky gloomy as ever.

" But you haven't eaten in days, what will Mr Agosti say when he sees you like this, and with your wedding so close!" She says, worry laced in her voice.

" It's not like I ever see him much anyways." I mutter, watching as a bird flew over the garden to get cover from the storm.

I hear Allison sigh and the door closes quietly. My eyes close as I lay down thinking of the past week. I've just stayed inside the bedroom, having no appetite to eat any food after what I had seen. The image of that man's blood flying everywhere kept haunting me.

I haven't seen him in days, like usual. Yesterday I was told by Allison that the wedding would be in four days and the engagement party tomorrow night, which meant I'd have to see my family.

I had already gotten my wedding dress fitted, a gorgeous sleeveless dress that looked like something a princess would wear.

Something Anastasia would suit more then me.

• • •

• • •

The next morning I decided I would eat breakfast since the engagement party was tonight and I didn't want to pass out in front of so many people, especially my family.

As Allison and I walk down the long hallways to the dining room I could hear loud, fast footsteps coming my way and right when I look up there he was, dressed in a perfectly fitted black suit.

His hair was neat and a phone in his right hand as he spoke in Italian over his phone. There were two other men walking behind him, one with a large brown envelope and another holding a black briefcase, fear evident in both of their expressions as they walked fast to keep up with him.

As Connor gets closer I notice Allison start to walk slower as if he was going to stop to talk to me. But just as I expected he walked right past me, giving me a short glance before returning back to the call.

" Miss Novikov, does he ever talk to you?" Allison says, trying to catch up with me.

" Not really. It's not like either of us wanted this marriage anyways." I sigh, tightening my ponytail as we continue walking.

" I don't think I've ever seen Mr.Agosti in a relationship, just a bunch of random women he sleeps with." Allison says, a disgusted look on her face.

" Not saying he's still sleeping with other women, you're beautiful Miss Novikov he's crazy if he were to cheat on you!" Allison says in a nervous tone, speaking quickly.

" I'm sure he still sleeps with other women, Allison. He doesn't care about that sort of stuff." I mutter as I sit down at the dining table, patting the chair next to me for her to sit down with a small smile.