Nineteen

^^ Here's the book trailer finally! I hope you all like it!! ;)) it will also be posted in chapter 1!

Sofia

" What is it with you and driving so fast?" I say, terrified at the obviously illegal speed he was going.

I turn my head when he doesn't answer, watching his cold, dark eyes focused on the road ahead of him, his jaw clenched. I swallow the lump in my throat, noticing how angry he looked.

What was he going to do to me? I didn't think it would make him this mad..

Memories of my papa beating me flash in my head after I had made a mistake and I feel my face go pale. Would Connor do the same?

" Can you please slow down." I whisper, shutting my eyes in fear.

" What the fuck were you even thinking going out with another man, and dressed like that?" He scowls, his fist tightening on the steering wheel.

" Sebastian isn't like that he's just a frien-"

" Are you fucking stupid? He doesn't want to be your friend how naive could you be." He spits and I glare at him angry that he thought Sebastian was like that.

" We're just friends, and even if it was anything more it's not your business. We already made a deal that we could-"

" Not my business? Ah tesoro everything about you is my business, and I never followed that deal to begin with." He says, pulling into his garage filled with more expensive cars then anyone could possibly need. ( Oh sweetheart)

" What do you mean?." I say slowly, he turns the car off and looks over at me, anger still so evident in his gaze.

Would he hit me now? I shrink back in my seat when he leans in, his minty breath against my face as his dark eyes look into my own, a dangerous look in them.

He looked ready to murder someone

" Why do you think every man here is too afraid to so as look at you?" He says, looking down at my lips and back up to my terrified eyes. So he was the reason why they all avoided me?

" But why do you even care? It's not like this marriage means anything." I whisper, trying to get father away from him but there wasn't much space to in the car.

He scrunches his eyebrows together, and it was silent for a moment before he spoke again. " You're right, I don't care." He says, and I feel my seatbelt unbuckle, looking down to see he had unbuckled it for me before getting out of the car.

Why was he being so confusing? Why would Connor care if any man looks at me if he's claiming he doesn't care? Was this funny to him?

I jump in my seat when the passenger door opens and Connor grabs my arm, pulling me out.

" Where are you taking me now? We're already at your stupid house." I say as he walks too fast for my liking.

He just tightens his grip on my arm at the words and I flinch from the sudden pain. I only realized then that he would go beat me now. I talked too much didn't I?

I keep my mouth shut the entire time we're walking, hoping he changes his mind about hitting me. I look around the place in confusion, never have seeing this part of the mansion.

It was dark, and smelled horrifying and I'm sure all the dark red stuff stained on the floors and walls were blood. I didn't even feel like puking at the condition of this place when I realize he wouldn't beat me, no he was going to kill me.

I feel my face turn pale, and my eyes start to water but no tears escape from them. It was as if I was more afraid of the pain then death itself. Maybe it was better to finally be free anyways, but why was I so afraid? Would he torture me like he does to kill other people? Or would It be quick?

We walk past multiple men dressed in dark clothing and holding guns, there heads bowing down as soon as Connor walks by. Their eyes avoid me completely and I look up at Connor, his dark eyes completely focused in front of him.

He must have noticed my gaze because his head turns and he looks down at me. I quickly turn away, looking down at the dirty ground.

I gasp when he suddenly pulls me in closer to his side, our shoulders brushing as he continues walking.

We stop in front of a large steel door. It opens as soon as Connor stands in front of it and we walk in to the dark room. My eyes look around in every corner, noticing the multiple spiderwebs and blood stains.

I hear a man's whimpering voice, freezing when I notice how familiar it sounded.

I look up at Connor confused but he just looks down at something and I follow his gaze, my eyes landing on my papa who was laying on the ground, completely helpless. There was blood covering his entire body.

" Your daughter is here." Connor says, his voice booming through the room and my papas head slowly turns to us, his eyes landing on mine. I had only seen this much pain in his eyes whenever Nikolai was brought up, and whenever he was beating me on Nikolai's birthdays.

I freeze as I stand there looking down at him. Years of him beating me and never acknowledging I was his daughter I never would have thought this would ever happen.

" S..Sofia I..I'm sorry." He struggles getting the words out of his mouth and Connor looks at him in disbelief.

" Why did you tell me to bring her here if you were only going to admit to what you've done to her?" Connors spits, pulling his gun out but my eyes widen and I quickly move my hand onto his arm.

"W..wait." I whisper looking back at my papa.

" Nikolai, it killed me seeing my so..n die. I don't know what happened to me but I only fe..lt anger after his de..ath." He chokes out and I feel hot tears running down my cheeks like lava, imprinting pain every time a new tear fell from my eyes.

" So you took it all out on me? Ever since I was a child you just treated me like nothing and beat me every single day until I couldn't feel anymore." I whisper, my hands shaking as I look down at him.

" I kn..ow and I hate my..self for it I just wanted to say I'm sorry before I die, I lo..ve you." He says, reaching his hand out to me but I step back, shaking my head. I didn't know what to do, how was I even supposed to react to this?

" Do you want him alive." Connor says, his eyes were trained on me the entire time and I slowly nod my head, watching as my papa looks up at me in shock.

" I want to leave." I whisper, not even able to look at my papa any longer. He sounded sincere, and his eyes told the truth that he was but every time I looked at him all I saw was bad memories that kept replaying in my head over and over again.

And it made me sick