Twenty Eight

Sofia

" Sofia, it's so nice to see my daughter in law again!" Connor's father says loudly over the music, holding his arms out wide as he gives me a hug.

Matteo had gone who knows where.

" You really did go all out for this party Mr. Agosti." I laugh, as I hug him back.

" Well, it would be nicer if my son were here. That bastard better get over here soon enough." He grumbles, typing on his phone angrily.

I try holding in a laugh when Mr. Agosti notices a group of people wanting to talk to him and he quickly turns around, walking in the opposite direction before telling me to enjoy the party.

I walk over to the table filled with food, my mouth almost drooling at the sight. I didn't want to talk to any of the people here, every time I smiled at them they would smile back then turn their heads and gossip just as fast.

" Enjoying yourself?" I freeze as I'm about to eat some expensive looking appetizer when I hear Connors deep voice behind me.

I turn around, coming face to face with his stupidly handsome face, feeling my cheeks turn red.

" Y..you're here." I say. I wasn't expecting him to be here so soon. He was dressed in a black suit, his hair slightly messy and a small cut under his eye.

What kind of business did he have to do anyways? I wouldn't be surprised if he had gone to murder a dozen people.

" You look beautiful." He says, looking down at me as his large hand cups my face. His eyes drop down to my lips and I move my hand onto his arm pushing him back slightly.

" There's people watching." I say, but he ignores me as he moves to stand closer to me. I feel butterflies in my stomach at his distance, being able to clearly smell his expensive cologne.

" What's that?" He says, looking at the box in my hand and I quickly move it behind my back.

" Nothing, nothing at all." I quickly say, a nervous tone in my voice. After I had seen all the gifts being brought in for Connor my hopes for the cookies dropped immediately. There was no way these cookies could beat the other gifts.

" Is that my present?" He smirks.

" Fine, it is. But it's not that important." I sigh as I slowly bring it forward. Connor takes the box in his hand and opens it, a laugh leaving his mouth as he looks at the cookies.

" Is this supposed to be me?" He says, looking back up at me, amusement filling his dark eyes. I bite my lip nervously, nodding my head.

Ok, now was time. I recite the words Matteo told me earlier in my head before saying them out loud to Connor.

" Hai il piccolo cazzo" ( You have a small dick) I say confidently, mentally jumping up and down in excitement when I realize I said it correctly, a smile on my face.

I try to ignore Matteo who was laughing so hard about something he spit out his drink on the floor.

" What did you just say?" Connor says, looking at me like I was insane.