Thirty

Sofia

I wake up the next morning, my body sore. I turn to the side, my brows scrunched when I realize Connor was gone.

" I'm right here, principessa." I hear his husky voice say, and I turn my head to find him walking out of the bathroom, his hair wet. He wasn't wearing a shirt, only black sweatpants.

I quickly cover the top of my body with the comforter, watching as he leans over me, kissing my cheek. " Don't be shy, I've already seen everything." He smirks and I burn red at his words.

" Did I make you late to work?" I mutter, realizing it was almost noon.

" They'll survive without me for a couple hours." Connor says as he pulls on a black button up.

I sigh, noticing the glass of water on the nightstand next to me. I reach over, grabbing the glass and downing the cool water.

" Are you sore?" He suddenly says, and I nearly choke on my water.

I nod my head, flustered.

" Rest in bed today, I'll be back later." He says, moving his hand behind my head and leaning me forward as he kisses my forehead before he walks out of the room.

A smile covers my face after he leaves. My body fills with happiness as I wrap the blanket around myself, thinking about what happened last night.

" Calm yourself, Sofia." I tell myself, snapping out of it as I get up, wincing at the pain as I walk to the bathroom so I can shower and brush my teeth.

I get out of the bathroom, dressed in black leggings and a white cropped tank top. I had already blow dried my hair and put on light make up.

" Miss, I brought your breakfast, and brought you new sheets." Allison says, a glint of amusement in her eyes as I walk back into the room.

" Ah thank you, I was starving." I groan as I sit down, starting to eat the warm food.

" Wanna eat with me?" I ask Allison as I take a bite of a chocolate croissant.

" Miss I can't-"

" Come on Allison, your my only friend here, no one's going to say anything." I laugh, patting the spot next to me.

Allison smiles, carefully sitting down next to me. I hand a croissant to her and she takes it, slowly eating the pastry.

" When you say you can't, is it because of the other maids finding out or because Connor will do something?" I ask curiously as I look at her.

" It's not that, we're just not used to anyone treating us like normal people. Usually all the people we take care of just see us as...dirt." Allison sighs, as she eats a bowl of fruits.

" Well, you can act like yourself around me, we're friends." I smile, throwing a blueberry at her.

" Hey, that was the good one. Throw the pineapples those are nasty." Allison giggles as she throws a piece of pineapple at me.

She fails when I end up catching it in my mouth and I nearly choke on my own laughter.

" How did you do that miss!" Allison laughs, and I shrug my shoulders, shocked at my own actions.

" Just call me Sofia from now on." I say, my stomach hurting from all the laughing as I lay back on the bed, my hair sprawled over the freshly washed comforter.

My head turns to the side when I get a notification from my phone.

Isabella: Hey, mall today?

Me: Can my friend Allison come with?