Thirty Four

Sofia

By the time Connor had come home last night I was already deep asleep, and when I woke up in the morning he was gone, most likely at work.

I sigh, already missing his presence. I understood that work was important, but I missed hanging out with him.

Everything had been so odd lately, all I would think about is what Connor was doing, where he's at, if he's eaten, if work was too hard on him.

All my thoughts revolved around him, and my heart ached every minute that I couldn't be with him. Just his company alone made me happy.

Maybe I was falling in love with Connor, and old me would've laughed at those words, but now, now I really believed it and I didn't mind.

I get ready for the day, eat breakfast, and go to the library as usual. It was hard focusing on my book, considering Matteo was blasting music. Him and some other men I presumed were training in the workout room, which was quite far from the library yet the music could still clearly be heard.

I groan in annoyance when the music gets even louder, slamming my book shut as I storm over to the workout room. How is it even possible listening to that ear infecting music for that many hours?

I slam the door open, regretting my decision as all the shirtless men stop what they're doing and look over at me.

I clear my throat, slowly walking in as I walk over to Matteo who wasn't even training, he was just changing the songs as if he was some sort of awful DJ.

" Could you be any louder?" I say, trying to talk over the music but I fail when Matteo points at his ear, shaking his head and mouthing I can't hear you.

Matteo turns the music down a little, before walking up to me, his mouth up to my ear so I could hear over the music. " You shouldn't be here, Connors going to kill me." Matteo shouts and I flinch away from him, knowing he yelled in my ear to annoy me on purpose.

" Perfect, thanks for letting me know. I'll go text him where I am so I can see it live." I smirk vengefully. I see the fear flash in his eyes as he grabs my phone before I can send a message.

" Fine, what do you want?" He says and I point to the speaker.

" Does it have to be so loud?"

" It's only fun if it's loud." Matteo pouts, turning the music down a little more.

" Finally." I hear a man groan in relief when the music doesn't sound like it was about to blow the speaker up anymore.

" Do you know when Connors going to be back?" I ask, looking back over at Matteo.

I only then notice he was shirtless as well, just like every other guy here. I was just surrounded by shirtless men, no wonder Matteo said he would get killed if Connor found out.

" Why? You dick deprived?" He laughs and I turn red at his voice that was loud enough for everyone to hear.

" Matteo stop being such a freak." I whisper yell, glaring daggers into his eyes.

" He was interrogating some Serbian man earlier, probably dead now. He should be back soon." Matteo shrugs normally.

" How nice to know." I draw out sarcastically as he walks me over to the door.

" I'd leave here before Connor comes, he won't be too happy seeing you in a room full of shirtless men." Matteo says trying to rush me out.

" Okay fine, I'm leaving." I sigh, opening the door. A gasp leaves my mouth when I bump into a tall figure and my eyes move up, connecting with a murderous pair of eyes.