Twelve

Sofia

I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion. " What do you mean?" I ask, feeling my cheeks grow red when he moves closer to me and grabs my arm, pulling me up to his chest.

" Do you want to go find out?" His deep voice mumbles into my ear and I shiver at the close distance of his lips, feeling my heart beat too fast for my own good.

I feel his eyes burning into the side of my head as I swallow the lump in my throat, my body getting hot.

" I..I don't know what you mean." I say, pushing away from him and walking back towards the mat where Matteo was currently cheering on two guys who were fighting.

I can't fall for his trap. I can't.

I cross my hands over my chest as I stand there, watching the two men before deciding it was too bloody for me to handle.

" Hey, I think I'm gonna go now." I mutter to Matteo and he looks down at me like I'm crazy.

" You haven't seen the best part yet, your Fiancé is up next!" Matteo says, and as soon as my head is turned Connors fist was landing on a man's face, cheers erupting from all the men in the room.

My eyes widen when I see Connor, his eyes dark and hungry almost as if he enjoyed this. The man's face was nearly all blood now as Connor stood over him, his face getting beaten punch by punch.

Everyone in the room had stopped what they were doing now and were watching the fight closely.

" H..he's going to kill him!" I screech, and I'm about to go throw a rock at Connor or something but Matteo holds me back.

" He won't, Connor wouldn't kill any of his men for no good reason." Matteo says and I watch in horror when he finally stops, the man wiping the blood off his face as the other men cheer at Connor winning the fight.

What was this place?

" I'm done here." I say, quickly turning around. I didn't think I could last any longer in this animal cave, the blood was making me feel dizzy even though I wasn't even the one fighting.

And to think I told him I could fight him after what I just saw.

" Sofia, get back here." I hear him say my name, his deep voice sending chills down my body just by hearing it.

" What?" I say, turning around to see him buttoning up his shirt halfway, the top buttons open as he runs his now clean hand through his hair and walks towards me.

" Where's the maid? What did I tell you about going alone?"

" What am I 5?" I say, annoyed with his stupid rules.

" You've been running that little mouth of yours too much lately, haven't you?" He says with his jaw clenched, grabbing my arm and pulling me behind him out of the room as a gasp leaves my mouth from the sudden action.

" What do you think you're doin-" I start as we walk in the hallway, but get cut off when he suddenly pushes me into some dark cleaning closet, slamming me against the wall and I look up at him, breathing heavily.

His body was right up against mine and a gasp leaves my mouth when I feel his hand move behind my neck, pushing me closer to his face, our lips nearly touching.

" You speak to me that way one more time and there's no more warnings, understood?" He says, and I slowly nod my head, feeling myself just wanting him to get closer for some reason.

What was wrong with me?

His eyes look down at me and I feel my heartbeat nearly beat out of my chest when his gaze moves down to my lips.

" Conno-" I start but his lips suddenly slam onto my own, and I melt into his touch as he pushes me even closer by my neck, my hands unconsciously tangling in his thick hair.

I feel my body heat up at his touch, gasping when he suddenly lifts me up, causing me to straddle his waist as he kisses me deeply.

I hear a sound come from my mouth that I'd never heard before when his tongue suddenly forced entry into my mouth, feeling myself heat up when his hand moves down to grab my butt.

" Cazzo." Connor mumbles, pulling away from me. I suddenly realize why he stopped when I feel something against my stomach. My eyes move down but quickly move back up when I realize what it is. (Fuck)

Connor moves away from me as I stand there in embarrassment from what just happened. I watch in confusion as he sends a message through his phone, not even acknowledging what just happened.

I'm about to say something until the door opens and one of the short blonde maids walks in, smiling at Connor and that's when I realized what was going on.

" You called for me." The women purrs, her hands on Connors chest slowly moving down as she looked up at him.

It feels like there's a rock in my throat as I look up at Connor, feeling my pathetic eyes water at the scene before me.

I wanted to say something, I wanted to yell at him but I couldn't even form words. What was I even thinking? My papa told me this would happen, I was nothing after all.

I quickly open the door, feeling tears fall down my face when I hear him taking off his belt before slamming the door shut and walking out.

" Hey why'd you leav- Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?" Matteo says, running up in front of me to stop me from walking away anymore.

I shake my head no, trying to walk away but he grabs my arms, looking into my watery eyes. " Do you want me to go get Connor? Did someone do something?" He says, and a small laugh leaves my mouth.

" You want to get Connor? What is he going to do? The only thing he's good for is using his dick on anyone he can." I scoff, and Matteo looks at me with realization.

" That's what I thought." I say, quickly walking away while wiping away my tears and walking towards my very own personal jail cell.

I open the door and freeze when I see hundreds of shopping bags from expensive stores and shoes laid out.

The closet was filled with clothes for me in multiple colors and styles you could think of and I scoff as I walk out of the closet.

He could go get the maids he fucks to go return all of this because I wouldn't wear any of it.

I suddenly hear thunder coming from outside after my shower and flinch at the loud rumble. It starts pouring outside and I quickly walk over to the window, closing it before the water came inside.

The thunder gets louder and louder and I try to ignore it and just go to sleep even though my hair was still wet. I cover my ears when the thunder sounds again, shutting my eyes tight while hugging the pillow on the other side of the bed.

The lights suddenly flash off and I feel warm tears escape my eyes as I try to ignore the storm. I never used to be afraid of storms, until papa forced me to stand outside during them as a punishment all alone the entire night.

All I remember was the growling of the sky, thinking I was going to get swallowed whole by the storm and not have anyone save me, even if I called for help.

The darkness surrounds me as memories of me screaming to be let in flash in my head. I hug the pillow even tighter, Imagining it was someone I could feel safe with.