Twenty Seven

Sofia

" 1 And 1/2 cup sugar." I say to myself as I read the ingredients through my phone. I decided I would make Connor cookies after a good hour of overthinking.

It wasn't much, but I planned to decorate them as him. Hopefully my artistry doesn't fail me today.

It was around three and I was hoping I had enough time before Connor came back, if he was even going to come back tonight.

I finish up mixing all of the ingredients and place plastic wrap over the bowl of dough, letting it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.

I blow a piece of hair off of my face that was tied back in a messy bun. My eyes look over the horrifying mess I had made. There was flour everywhere you could think of, including my face.

I had been in this stupid kitchen for hours by now, trying to not mess up the recipe. I wanted to make it perfect, if I was gifting him cookies I should at least make them taste good.

" Ms. Agosti, are you sure you don't need help?" One of the older maids named Elaine says as she walks in looking at the mess I had made. She always had the kindest look on her face, it was comforting and made you feel at home in an odd way.

" I'm okay Elaine, but thank you I really do appreciate it." I smile as I wipe down the counters. It would've been much easier having her help, but that would just take away from it being a gift from me.

" I'm sure he's going to love the cookies miss." She says, her smile reaching her eyes.

" Well, that's only if I don't mess them up." I sigh, looking down at my hands.

" He's going to love them, good or not." She says, holding my hands that I had nervously been playing with in her own comforting ones.

" I don't think he's that interested in me." I laugh.
What was I even thinking with the cookies? He was a billionaire, why would he care for some baked pieces of dough?

" I've worked here for more years then you've been alive and never have I seen Mr. Agosti looking at any woman the way he looks at you." Elaine says, squeezing my hands before bowing her head and leaving the room. I stand in the kitchen, my eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

The way he looks at me? Could it really be he liked me?

I jump in surprise when my 30 minute timer goes off and I quickly turn it off, taking the dough out of the fridge.

" Here comes the hard part." I say, glaring at the now baked cookies in front of me with a piping bag in my hand, filled with frosting.

I needed 12 cookies to look good, and only 20 to work with so I didn't have much room for messing up.

I take a deep breath in and start frosting the cookie. Everything was going well until I looked at how ugly the face was.

I groan in frustration, moving the cookie to the side and starting a new one.

~ 3 hours later~

" You know, you snore a lot." I groan as I move my head up from my nap on the counter, just to see Matteo eating one of the messed up cookies.

" What are you doing here." I sigh, rubbing my tired eyes. Who knew making cookies would be so stressful. It took a while but I had managed to make 10 cookies decorated as Connors face. I had some for each of his very diverse emotions, angry and the rare smile, all placed in a box with a white ribbon on it.