Eight

Sofia

I watch as Connor looks down at me confused but all my frustration from Anastasia laughing at me clouds my thoughts as I suddenly lean in to kiss him.

Why did I think this was a good idea?

I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach when our lips make contact, the warmth engulfing my body as I feel him hesitate at first but then kiss me back.

I had never kissed anyone before and I'm sure I was terrible at it but something about the way he was kissing me right now was making me feel nervous and wanting more, and I didn't know why. 

Something about the way his hand was wrapping around my waist was making me feel hot inside, and I feel myself getting pulled even closer to his body as my lips melt into his own.

I slowly pull away after realizing everyone was probably watching us and look up to see Connor looking at me darkly. I quickly avert my gaze to the ground, my cheeks burning from what just happened and the eye contact we had just made.

" Damn piccola tigre, couldn't wait until the wedding night?" I hear Connor say deeply, a hint of amusement in his voice. ( Little Tiger)

I feel myself getting even hotter at his words and move my eyes up to look into his own which were already looking down at me curiously, our bodies still close to each other from the kiss.

" I..It was an accident I just..um I was about to slip and my lips just..you know." I ramble out, internally cringing at myself for the terrible lie.

Connor raises an eyebrow at me and I clear my throat, turning my head away from his gaze in embarrassment while chewing on my lower lip. I probably looked like a tomato by now.

" Was that your first kiss?" He suddenly says.

" W..what? How would you know that?" I say, my eyes wide as I turn my head back to face him. Was I really that bad of a kisser?

" You're freaking out over a kiss like it's the end of the world." He says, a small smirk growing on his face. He was probably enjoying how terribly embarrassed I am right now since I've never seen him smile before, let alone smirk.

" Pfffft no, I'm not." I say nervously, still trying to ignore all the eyes on us, especially Anastasia who was glaring at me the entire time, the smile completely off of her face now.

" Do you always stand this close to people?" I mutter, shifting in my spot and looking up at Connor whose smirk was off his face now just as fast as it was on.

" No." He says and I scrunch my eyebrows together, moving a couple steps away from him. It was as if anytime I was close to him I couldn't control anything I did.

Something about him was lighting a burning flame in my body that I didn't want to grow.

" T..then why stand so close to me all the time?" I ask, looking up at him confused.

" Because principessa, I can do whatever I want with you, and the fuckers here who keep staring at you will see that they'll never have you, capito?"(Understood?")

And that was when I made the second biggest mistake of the night. I don't know where the sudden confidence boost came from but it was not a good idea.