Sixteen

Sofia

I quickly make myself come back to my senses when I realize he was already up the stairs and walking towards the hallway where the room was. My pace quickens, nearly to a sprint to catch up but his long legs were not being helpful today.

I'm about to jump in front of the door, but fail when he reaches the handle before I do, opening it swiftly. My eyes widen and he looks at the room in silence, still standing in the doorway.

Great.

" What is this?" He says, turning to me. I look around, pointing a finger at myself as if there was someone else he could've magically been talking to.

It couldn't be that bad right? They said they'd only do roses...

I move next to him to peek through the door and almost choke on air at the room. There were red roses everywhere, candles lit up, soft music playing and black lacy lingerie laid out on the bed with a basket of condoms sitting on the nightstand.

I look in silence, contemplating my life. Slowly, I reach over his arm and grab the handle of the door, closing it. I could feel his eyes on me the entire time and all I wanted to do was just run away at that moment.

" Well, that's weird!" I exclaim, nervously laughing. Connor looks down at me, an eyebrow raised.

" You have interesting taste, principesa." He says, opening the door back and walking into the bedroom. Why did he go back in? As if this couldn't be any more embarrassing!

He walks over to the bed, one hand in his pocket as the other one holds up the lacy lingerie. He looks at the lingerie and then to me, looking me up and down.

" That's not mine." I blurt out, not knowing what to do in this situation. I was still standing in the doorway, not daring to go any farther into the bedroom.

I watch Connor carefully as he drops the lingerie back on the bed, walking towards me. All of my common sense leaves my body when I turn around, about to run away but his hand moves in front of me, closing the door so it shut in my face before I could escape.

I jump when I hear the door lock, his left hand on the door beside me, locking me in.

My eyes shut at his close proximity, butterflies filling my stomach. Why did he lock the door?

" Turn around." He says darkly, my body frozen in place. I was too scared to turn around, I didn't want to be a victim of his games. I didn't want to be used, just another one of his toys.

"No." I say hesitantly, reaching for the door to unlock it but he grabs onto my hand. I gasp when he suddenly turns me around, his grasp on my hand tight.

I push myself farther into the door, now facing him as he looks down at me, a dangerous look in his eyes.

" What do you think people do on their wedding night?" He says, his voice deep and husky.

I quickly move my head to the side, trying to ignore the question and his heated gaze but his hand grabs my jaw, moving my head back to face him as he leans in not breaking eye contact with me.

" There's nothing stopping me right now from fucking you against this door for everyone to hear you screaming my name, principessa." He whispers, his soft lips barely grazing my ear as he slowly moves back to being in front of my lips.

I feel myself heating up at his words, wanting so badly to just move my lips a little more so they would touch.

No, not again. He didn't care about me, all of this was fake. It would never be real.